Cab door broken-suggestions

/ Cab door broken-suggestions #1  

Retired guy

Bronze Member
Tractor
CK 30HST
Broke the glass door on my 2012 ck30 HST. Reply from Kioti parts "Out of Stock" Suggestions?

/ Cab door broken-suggestions #2  
You might try Flea Bay. I do know the door glass on my Kubota M9 is just under a grand for just the glass, no weatherstrip and no attachment hardware. I had to buy one due to my stupidity a few years back. I'm much more careful now. What really toasted my cookies was, my deductible is a grand and the glass was $995.00

/ Cab door broken-suggestions #3  
Take it to a glass shop. People that do windows, etc for a living. Maybe an Auto Glass shop or maybe even a residential/commercial glass shop.

As a community service (being nice, not giving it away) they might be able to cut a piece for you.

We have a place down here that can make plexiglass to form and fit. I don't know much about it, but I know it's done all the time. Look at all the door-slammers at the drag strip that have plexiglass in them. Not pretty but she can cook

No need to spend all that kind of money, IMHO. Unless you want to

or not

ETA: If you get the glass cut, see if they'll install it for you. It's an art

/ Cab door broken-suggestions #4  
Visqueen and duct tape. If you're a big spender and money is no issue, you might get a roll of Gorilla tape.

/ Cab door broken-suggestions #5  
You might try Flea Bay. I do know the door glass on my Kubota M9 is just under a grand for just the glass, no weatherstrip and no attachment hardware. I had to buy one due to my stupidity a few years back. I'm much more careful now. What really toasted my cookies was, my deductible is a grand and the glass was $995.00
Why did they switch to an all glass door over a steel framed door with several glass panels. My preference would be a steel frame with a horizontal steel bar and an upper and lower glass panels. Steel could be minimized and the glass maximized and it could possibly be fixed at a reasonable cost. I just got a cabbed tractor and I love the cab, but I am not a fan of the all glass door.

/ Cab door broken-suggestions #6  
I have no idea how flat or curved your door is,
3/16" lexan or plexiglass and a heat gun.

/ Cab door broken-suggestions #7  
Take it to a glass shop. People that do windows, etc for a living. Maybe an Auto Glass shop or maybe even a residential/commercial glass shop.

As a community service (being nice, not giving it away) they might be able to cut a piece for you.

We have a place down here that can make plexiglass to form and fit. I don't know much about it, but I know it's done all the time. Look at all the door-slammers at the drag strip that have plexiglass in them. Not pretty but she can cook

No need to spend all that kind of money, IMHO. Unless you want to

or not

ETA: If you get the glass cut, see if they'll install it for you. It's an art
Issue with that is, it's not safety glass and poses an issue if shattered.

/ Cab door broken-suggestions #8  
Why did they switch to an all glass door over a steel framed door with several glass panels. My preference would be a steel frame with a horizontal steel bar and an upper and lower glass panels. Steel could be minimized and the glass maximized and it could possibly be fixed at a reasonable cost. I just got a cabbed tractor and I love the cab, but I am not a fan of the all glass door.
I have no idea and mine are both compound curves. If I hadn't had a 'Mallox Moment', I'd have never shattered it it in the first place. Besides metal framed cab doors on tractors went by the wayside 30 years ago.

That was around 10 years ago. Since then I just remember to close it when exiting the barn.

Your preference and their modern design are 2 distinctly different things.

/ Cab door broken-suggestions #10  
Issue with that is, it's not safety glass and poses an issue if shattered.
NOT true glass shops DO install safety glass.To the OP try your local glass shop providing you did not damage your door frame.