Cabelas Close Outs

/ Cabelas Close Outs #11  
They dropped the price on the 52" tiller by 10% not a lot, but it is set up for my lm25. Will be getting it next week. The 60“ tillers are still at list.....

/ Cabelas Close Outs #12  
Thanks for the photo, Jim Timber. Just think, all those tractors, and you know they are being sold for good deals! Must be tempting for a lot of folks!

/ Cabelas Close Outs #13  
They dropped the price on the 52" tiller by 10% not a lot, but it is set up for my lm25. Will be getting it next week. The 60“ tillers are still at list.....

Using a cabelas credit card too ??

/ Cabelas Close Outs #14  
Using a cabelas credit card too ??
I don't do credit cards, but have their club card. I'll get the points for the purchase, have just under $300 credit for the tractor purchase..... So, $1508 cash including our 9.1% sales tax. Not too bad.

/ Cabelas Close Outs #15  
Thanks for the photo, Jim Timber. Just think, all those tractors, and you know they are being sold for good deals! Must be tempting for a lot of folks!

I would've posted it with my first response, but I can't get the attachments to work on my phone. Hopefully some guys get a bargain.

/ Cabelas Close Outs #16  
I would've posted it with my first response, but I can't get the attachments to work on my phone. Hopefully some guys get a bargain.

Yep thanks! When I visited with the salesman there about 3 weeks ago getting pricing they had no where near that many there but he did say they might be having some shipped in.

/ Cabelas Close Outs #17  
So what do you guys think Cabelas will do with their remaining tractors? Keep lowering prices until they're gone? or eventually all be headed to some auction house/site and go to high bidders? That seems like a lot of tractors at one location if they want to phase out tractors in 2016.

/ Cabelas Close Outs #18  
I think they totally shot their "This deal won't last" leverage to heck by having the whole fleet on display out front. (They might still have 2 on the showroom floor too - I didn't go in today)

It's still early yet; we're not a week into March and Spring isn't due to officially be expected for another 5-8 weeks in the Northcountry. Come summer, if stocks remain high they could start to get itchy. Everyone knows it's an orphan line, so no one's holding them in the same regard as they did 4 months back when "we're committed to this brand" was still being shouted from the roof.

I don't think they'll auction them. They might start throwing in more merchandise comps - $500 gift cards (which might only cost them $75 depending what you use it on), or something? It's hard to say, this isn't a regular environment you see at this level. Phasing out slow moving shovels is a lot more predictable than tractors.

/ Cabelas Close Outs #19  
I'm betting they will sell every one of them.... As time goes on, they will lower the price until they are gone...

SR

/ Cabelas Close Outs #20  
When bobcat got out of the tractor business it seemed like the pricing never fell off a cliff. I sold mine a couple of years later and came out just fine.

The difference is all teh Cabela's stores are corporate owned instead of a bunch of independent bobcat dealers that range in size and selection greatly. So Cabelas has more control over retail pricing. Next time I drive to Colorado I may swing by the home base in Sidney and see what's on the lot.