Calling all 4105 Owners

/ Calling all 4105 Owners #1  

Snapper Head

Silver Member
Tractor
2010 Kubota L3940 HST-3
Just when I thought I was going orange...........

Can you give me some feedback on your 4105? There is not much about them in the archives, so they are either something to avoid, or an undiscovered gem.

I'm liking the price to features ratio, and can find them in package deals that are appealing.

Maintaining 12 acre horse farm - lotsa rotary cutting, lotsa dirt moving. South Mississippi, so no snow work.

Thanks,

Big Al

/ Calling all 4105 Owners #2  
I have a 4115, basically the same tractor, a little bigger.

I have owned it for a little over 3 months and have contacted the previous owner for the history. He owns 7 acres of lawn that needed cutting, and used it in the woods. It was also used to blow out a 1200 foot driveway in the winter time.

Short story is....Just turned 500 hours, and only parts replaced were the alternator. Service work was all done on schedule.

Myself...i love this machine, it works fantastic, and does everything I ask from it.:thumbsup:

/ Calling all 4105 Owners #3  
I have a 4115, basically the same tractor, a little bigger.

I have owned it for a little over 3 months and have contacted the previous owner for the history. He owns 7 acres of lawn that needed cutting, and used it in the woods. It was also used to blow out a 1200 foot driveway in the winter time.

Short story is....Just turned 500 hours, and only parts replaced were the alternator. Service work was all done on schedule.

Myself...i love this machine, it works fantastic, and does everything I ask from it.:thumbsup:

You are thinking of a different tractor. The 4105 is a currently available large frame tractor.

John Deere commercial products: Features for 4105 Compact Tractor (40.5 hp)

/ Calling all 4105 Owners #4  
I have had my 4105 for one year. My only gripe is I wish it had cruise control.
Other than that , I love it.

/ Calling all 4105 Owners
I have had my 4105 for one year. My only gripe is I wish it had cruise control.
Other than that , I love it.

gut,

Do you have an FEL? What sort of work do you primarily do, and how many hours have you put on it.

Many people like cruise control, but it is not a necessity for me.

Big Al

/ Calling all 4105 Owners #6  
I bought a 4105 in late April. I agree that cruise control would be great because the pedal seems in an odd place but it only is a problem when bush hogging on long runs. For FEL work the dual pedals are just fine.

The 4105 at 40.5 HP seems to have plenty of power for just about any job. I upgraded from a Kubota BX1500 so the increase in size and horse power is huge. I have just about completed upgrading the necessary implements and will soon start building a set of trash forks and a lifting boom for the FEL.

So far so good!

Keith

Attachments

• Img_0278_sm.jpg
    Img_0278_sm.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 448
   / Calling all 4105 Owners
Thanks Keith. Good looking tractor.

Big Al

/ Calling all 4105 Owners #8  
I bought a 4105 in late April. I agree that cruise control would be great because the pedal seems in an odd place but it only is a problem when bush hogging on long runs. For FEL work the dual pedals are just fine.

Great looking tractor and a fine looking barn!!

/ Calling all 4105 Owners #9  

The 4105 at 40.5 HP seems to have plenty of power for just about any job. I upgraded from a Kubota BX1500 so the increase in size and horse power is huge. I have just about completed upgrading the necessary implements and will soon start building a set of trash forks and a lifting boom for the FEL.

So far so good!

Keith

Ditto, nice looking tractor... but then I'm partial!

Rob

/ Calling all 4105 Owners #10  
Thanks, the barn was a rebuild project last year. It is somewhere in the neiborhood of 85 to 90 years old and was in bad shape with lots of structural problems. The back wall, which is in the picture, was 90% rotted away. On the front side there are two sets of barn doors. The roll-up loft door was a last minute change but it has been handy being able to lift heavy items to the loft with the FEL.

All four of the exterior lights are hooked to a remote control so we can turn them on and off either from the house or from my workshop.

I still have to replace the loft floor and put stone down in two of the bays. Originally only one bay had a concrete floor, the other two had wooden floors which I have removed so I can park a lawn mower, two tractors and a welding machine.

The new Deere has been fantastic so far, it replaced my BX1500 so I can now do more work with less physical effort which I appreciate at my age :) I make signs in my workshop so the new Deere helps unload material from delivery trucks, mostly twelve foot long sheets of Dupont Corian.

I recently installed a tooth bar on the bucket and a 2" receiver. I have a pulverizer under construction in my shop and recently purchased the steel I need to build the trash forks and lifting boom.