Can all tractors flip over easy?

/ Can all tractors flip over easy? #171  
The Ford 8N was largely designed around pulling a 2-14 plow, and a lot of them did just that back in the day. Plowing is why the 3 point hitch was originally designed, before that, if a plow hit a stump or a tough patch of soil, the front wheels were coming off the ground.

The first tractor that was marketed for landscaping tasks and other not-strictly-ag purposes was the International Cub. The Ford N series were absolutely marketed as regular ag tractors and people used them as such.

Of the list of your improvements, this is the order in which they appeared, or very closely:

1. Power steering
2. Diesel engines
3. Loaders (but took a long time to go from being available and occasionally used to being ubiquitous)
4. 3 point hitch (category 1, then shortly after category 2)
5. Live and then later independent PTO
6. Synchromesh transmissions
7. Cabs with heat and A/C
8. Category 3 3-point hitches
9. ROPS
10. Full PTO shielding
11. Adjustable draft links
12. Hydrostatic transmissions
13. Practical 4WD (not MFWD)
14. Category 4 3-point hitches
15. Hydraulic reverser transmissions
16. Widespread use of MFWD
17. Loader QA
18. Pin or tube 3 point draft link stabilizers rather than chains
19. Industrial tires on tractors
The Ford 8N was largely designed around pulling a 2-14 plow, and a lot of them did just that back in the day. Plowing is why the 3 point hitch was originally designed, before that, if a plow hit a stump or a tough patch of soil, the front wheels were coming off the ground.
Many drawbar hitch implements had quick release couplings.

/ Can all tractors flip over easy? #173  
Thanks Jigs, for taking the time to describe and explain. I regret however that you do not react to any other of my other remarks. I saw an animation of what should have happened if a plain crahsed into a steel tower/concrete skyscraper and again this convinced me what a load of b.s. this whole official story is, not even speaking of the war on innocent people that followed.

Maybe better to stop here. This has nothing to do with tractors... :unsure:

Last edited:
   / Can all tractors flip over easy? #174  
Can we get back to the discussion we all came here for?
I'm sure there are forums where somebody cares about your 20 yr conspiracy theory - but this isn't it.

/ Can all tractors flip over easy? #175  
Can we get back to the discussion we all came here for? I'm sure there are forums where somebody cares about your 20 yr conspiracy theory - but this isn't it.

You didn't read my last line...

/ Can all tractors flip over easy? #176  
Can all tractors flip over easily?

No, sometimes you really have to work at it.

/ Can all tractors flip over easy? #177  
I'm a quick release coupling. 😏😏😏
You surely can be. It’ll take less than two second‘s to disconnect you from your Tractor.

/ Can all tractors flip over easy? #178  
I thought about buying an older tractor like an 8N, but then I started reading about them flipping over. I'm sure you can use common sense be pretty safe, but I got to thinking that maybe all tractors could flip? Was looking for advice on safety. I was thinking I probably need a sub compact now because they look safer, but I could be fooling myself.

I started driving one of the 8N’s we have when I was 11. Probably the most dangerous incident that has occurred in the 39 years since then was ~ 20 years ago mowing dow an old trail where someone had left a stump short enough vegetation could grow over it to make it not visible but not low enough it could be mowed over.

Rear tire climbed stump tilting the tractor then it hit them it stopped instantly as the long came between the tire and bush hog. The steering wheel became a “seat belt“ at that instant with a little bruising. I cut that stump off flush as well as any others since or leave them closer to 4 ft + high so they are not low enough to become camouflaged.

Neither of the two we have have been rolled, that said none of the other tractors we have have been rolled either. Including the tricycle Farmall Super MTA, that is really intended more for row crops than what we use it for. Much higher center of gravity and being a tricycle like the killer ATC’s that were banned in the US back in 86-87.

I am not sure one could ensure they never roll a tractor because I have seen some folks that could break an anvil with a rubber mallet but being scared of being hurt or killed goes a long way towards making the right decisions. Many “accidents“ happen to people that really know better and just take risks that are needless. If any activity is recorded, you can bet someone didn’t think was safe.

/ Can all tractors flip over easy? #179  
I think this one would be quite safe.
IMG_3529.jpeg

/ Can all tractors flip over easy? #180  
Talk about slammed!