Can I usee copper pipe for exhaust pipe?

/ Can I usee copper pipe for exhaust pipe? #11  
Why not buy flexible metal exhaust as sold by most auto parts.
No need for elbows etc and simply use 'U' clamps to attach.
From memory it can be had from 1" thru 2.5" in 1/4 inch increments, might however be 'special order' at some stores.
Flex go up to 8 in I think

/ Can I usee copper pipe for exhaust pipe? #12  
At one time you could by rolls of flex pipe but when I bought some here recently at an auto parts store they said since it's become illegal to use on automobiles the max. length is 14" . There may be other places that still sell it in lengths.

/ Can I usee copper pipe for exhaust pipe? #13  
Go to Walker automotive exhaust. I just checked Orileys the sell it by the ft various sizes. Get the part number from Walker and just order it. By the way do you have reference to it becoming illegal. Every over the road tractor uses it. Unless your exhaust is attached only to the engine you have to have some thing that can move and take vibration

WALKER(R) EXHAUST SYSTEMS :: Universal Pipe

/ Can I usee copper pipe for exhaust pipe? #14  
Somebody will probably steal the copper, around here they take rainspouts off the courthouse and steal copper out of houses. Use steel, it only has a scrap price of .02 cents per pound.

/ Can I usee copper pipe for exhaust pipe? #15  
I talked to a guy at a junk yard that I get parts for my truck, he told me cars are up to a whopping $4.00 / hundred

/ Can I usee copper pipe for exhaust pipe?
Part of my thinking is that I can do the tricky bendy stuff in copper (I can solder but not braze) and stake the joints with a self tapping screw. After the bendy parts a 3" stack held in place with standoffs (they are hangers if it was horizontal).
I don't care how loud it is, I'm half deaf anyway and I live in the country and never start to do anything other than drink coffee before 10 A.M. IF I find it is too loud, I have a muffler that was destined for my Farmall but missed the sale.
The whole purpose of this is (a) to make the engine breath better and (b) to get rid of the grass burner exhaust.

(a) 4 stroke engine strokes= suck, squeeze, pop, fooey. injection, compression, ignition, exhaust. Stuff a potato in your exhaust pipe and see how far you get. Not far. I have always run on the premise that in order to get anywhere with an internal combustion engine you MUST get the exhaust (fooey) out!

(b) the grass burner exhaust turns the snow blower black (normally it is orange), turns my loader arms black and tries to plug up when I am pushing snow banks.

/ Can I usee copper pipe for exhaust pipe? #17  
I don't think a soldered joint would hold up to exhaust gas temps especially near the engine. I think your best bet is to do a wire mockup of how the exhaust needs to run, take that to a local muffler shop and have them make you a pipe. You could add a muffler to the vertical rise if you wanted (most likely would need one for sure).

/ Can I usee copper pipe for exhaust pipe? #18  
You mention being "half deaf", which many folks our age are, especially if they were exposed to a lot of gunfire or rock music concerts without hearing protection. Well with that open header you are proposing to make, then you will soon be "fully deaf" and wont have to go around "half deaf" any more. Here is the deal with hearing loss; it is cumulative. If you are "half deaf now, you need to be protecting your hearing all that much more. That is like if you have lost the vision in one eye, and are "half blind", you probably need to be wearing eye protection to keep from going fully blind.

They are your ears, but I will tell you that I have lost a lot of hearing acuity, and I am extra careful to always wear hearing protection to prevent losing any more than I have to. I appreciate mufflers on vehicles, and I would appreciate it if the government would not tax us and make us wait long periods of time to put a suppressor on our firearms.

/ Can I usee copper pipe for exhaust pipe? #19  
If you try copper use the screws as intended and put on pipe clamps prior to soldering. Make sure some flux is on before fitting together.

/ Can I usee copper pipe for exhaust pipe? #20  
I think you should use PVC pipe and fittings to build your exhaust system.

Then take it to a muffler shop and tell them to copy it in steel.

Bruce