Canopy support

/ Canopy support #1  

oosik

Super Star Member
Tractor
2009 Kubota M6040
My plastic canopy will vibrate at certain speeds. Has anybody found or made forward support poles. They would go from the forward lip of the canopy to, maybe, a point on the vertical portion of the rear FEL pillar.

View attachment 584131

/ Canopy support #2  
Instead, consider changing the natural frequency of the canopy by changing it's stiffness at the connection (triangular braces), or it's mass/inertia (lead or iron weights) or the damping properties (foam insulation glued to the underside). I glued 2" foam to the underside of mine after adding a top mounted rear view mirror. Now I can see behind me pretty good (no vibration) and it stays in place.

/ Canopy support #3  
Rubber grommets at the attachment points keeps mine from vibrating.

/ Canopy support #4  
I would not put any metal supports on the front portion of the canopy. In a rollover, they might impale you as they wont be designed to support the weight of the machine :(

I like the new avatar btw!

/ Canopy support
Guys, thanks for all the info/advice. And Jchonline - I never considered the dangers involved with metal support poles. I'll definitely FORGET that idea.

There are enough solutions listed that I will be able to find the answer. Hmmmm..........

Yes, that pic of my tractor, as my avatar, was getting old. I needed something more whimsical and fun. Mushroom house on a small island.

I am always amazed at the limitless wealth of great information available on this web site. Problems solved, potential for injuries avoided. I'm most fortunate & proud to be a member.

/ Canopy support #6  
I would not put any metal supports on the front portion of the canopy. In a rollover, they might impale you as they wont be designed to support the weight of the machine :(

I like the new avatar btw!

I was considering metal supports from the loader towers to my canopy as well until I read your post above. I often find myself mowing on uneven ground. Thanks for the eye opener.