Can't disconect my Quick Conect Coupler Loader 1520

/ Can't disconect my Quick Conect Coupler Loader 1520
No, wait. Don't cut anything just yet. I'm trying to show video I took about noon here in a Wisconsin, showing how to disconnect the couplers.
As far as 5030, he has a LONG, LONG history of being disagreeable on this forum. Pay him no mind.
No worry I will not cut them yet. If I cut them i'll make sure I buy the new parts before. It's winter here and I need something to plow. My polaris atv does not start and it's what I normaly use to plow. I have to fix this first. Got my self a new starter it's my weekend plan.. the dam things let me down in the midel of nowhere with track on it. I got lucky I was eable to get to it with a truck and tow it back home.

/ Can't disconect my Quick Conect Coupler Loader 1520
Grasshopper, can you ROTATE the knurled collars? If so, rotate and blow compressed air in there, to try to remove dirt, rust and junk. After the collar is rotating and clean as possible, try to rotate the elbow, to twist the two parts against each other.
yesterday I unscrew one of the hydrolic line. I was left with the Elbow,Coupler femele and male. I was eable to rotate the Elbow,and femele Coupler. I have tap,pry put oil and evrything I could think of. Then I try with somone else To grip on the Elbow and and collar to try to have only the collar rotate... No luck... the collar is sease...

/ Can't disconect my Quick Conect Coupler Loader 1520 #33  
Yeah, if the collar must be slided back to unhook, you need to get that collar loose first.
But with my style of couplers, that collar never moves. ALL the other stuff on either side of the collar shifts, but the collar is securely fastened to the bracket. It cannot move or turn.
I sent you a private message,requesting your email address so I can send you video of how mine unhook.

/ Can't disconect my Quick Conect Coupler Loader 1520 #34  
Are these couplers designed to pull apart if hose catches on something? On my couplers l have to push in then jerk outwards to disconnect.

/ Can't disconect my Quick Conect Coupler Loader 1520 #35  
Ipakiz, thanks for clueing me in. I wasn't aware; this forum generally does a great job at keeping things civil. (I see his post has been deleted, glad to see that.)

grasshopper, one thing you need to keep in mind: on my 2310, and I suspect a number of other M-F tractors, Massey-Ferguson very often makes things --wires, cables, hydraulic lines, etc.-- just as short as they can while still being able to do the job. If you cut off your couplers, your hose may well end up 1-2" too short to work with a new coupler fitting, making it necessary to replace the entire hose.

Some of those are long! If you end up replacing the hoses that are connected to both male and female couplers, that's a total of eight hoses, not a job I'd look forward to... though you would end up with new hoses, not necessarily a bad thing. I've had to replace three of my hoses so far -- a 2007 model purchased in 2008, now with a bit over 1000 hrs on it.

/ Can't disconect my Quick Conect Coupler Loader 1520 #36  
Actually the couplers may be "Safeway" brand (S40 Series) (AGCO does use them on some loaders) , so check the name & numbers on collar..... [Correction] It appears on my installation the collars on female can go either way to release the male...

Last edited:
   / Can't disconect my Quick Conect Coupler Loader 1520 #37  
Actually the couplers may be "Safeway" brand (S40 Series) (AGCO does use them on some loaders) , so check the name & numbers on collar..... Also its odd that the females are on hose and males on valve body puts a hole different slant on how to release them (per diagram in post #28).... Probably need to push down on collar and pull up on hose (elbow) at same time....

my gc2400 uses s40 series on the dl100 loader have to push coupler down then pull collar up to release but thats with collar being on the LOADER side vs tractor side.
fwiw on my setup the s40 connector makes a real easy way to drain fluid on gc series of you overfill. disconnect any one of the 4 loader fittings use the s40 on hose to bucket actuate the circuit hose connected to and bingo...excess fluid drained.
do not ask me how or why I know LOL

/ Can't disconect my Quick Conect Coupler Loader 1520 #38  
Just applying PPlaster or brake cleaner and not rotating the sliding collar while applying it does nothing to dislodge the crud under the sliding collar. Have exactly the same issue with one of my loaders on one of my tractors, it gets crud (dust and stuff) between the sliding collar and the body and requires a flush with PBlaster to dislodge the crud but, the collar has to be rotated while applying the solvent and mine are extremely tight to get to as in no room to work at all.

/ Can't disconect my Quick Conect Coupler Loader 1520 #39  
Does anyone know if the forum will only accept pictures and not video? I have a good video of me pulling them apart and re-hooking them several times, but alas, I'm not smart enough to get them to post here.
I click on the paper clip, go to my photo library and I can attach any of my still pics, but no videos appear in my library.
Or would it have to do with file size, rejecting anything over so many MB?

Attachments

• C06B14B9-3548-4359-ABB6-8B71F1715462.jpeg
    C06B14B9-3548-4359-ABB6-8B71F1715462.jpeg
    248.8 KB · Views: 66
   / Can't disconect my Quick Conect Coupler Loader 1520 #40  
kwbretired,
The couplers would disconnect automatically IF the hose had a straight pull. Alas, the way we are set up with elbows, the coupling will bind up from the side torque and won't release. But yes, on a straight pull, the hose just comes out of the body with no damage.
i had a 1954 Case Model 400 tractor that was set up that way on the rear remotes. Pull type plows were set up in this area with hitches that "let go" if you hooked a stump, root or rock. Of course, you could never stop in time, so the hose got ripped off every time. Didn't make Dad very happy. But with these "new, modern" disconnects, it just unplugged the hose.
If you care to see video of me unhooking mine, PM me your email address and I'll attach that file for you..
Larry