Car battery. I am confused

/ Car battery. I am confused #31  
I am with REPLACE it. Even 12.7 is not really very good for a good battery that is fully charged. Should read more like 13.2 or maybe more. If the battery was reading in the 11 volt range, I would consider it not fully chargeable. I am also guessing that there is one or more problem cells.

/ Car battery. I am confused #32  
As I typed out the initial post, I knew I needed to replace. sometimes forming the thought into a question tells you what the answer is. But I wanted to get some information on how to test, etc. Guess I need to get a load testor for the future shop.
New battery is procured. Napa. I usually get their legend premium but they didn't have one so I got the AAA battery . never seen those before but the guy said it is 3 year warranty and made by Delco. I'll put it in this week. While all the arguments for getting a new one were good, Roustabout had the best point. "no way I'd let a girl run around with a bad battery". not that my boys were any less valuable, but they were less vulnerable. Same reason I bought her a new car ( it was when I got it for her).
For as in-often we have battery issues, I just take the battery to Autozone and they load test it for free.

/ Car battery. I am confused #33  
You test voltage but you aren't testing load. It may have voltage but hit it with a load tester and it will be near zero.

/ Car battery. I am confused #34  
For as in-often we have battery issues, I just take the battery to Autozone and they load test it for free.
Quote from post #1 "Auto parts store told her it was good".

I've had auto parts stores tell me things were bad, turns out they were wrong. Went back and got my good alternator and gave them theirs back. If I remember correctly from 40 years ago it was a bad voltage regulator not the alternator.

/ Car battery. I am confused #35  
Quote from post #1 "Auto parts store told her it was good".

I've had auto parts stores tell me things were bad, turns out they were wrong. Went back and got my good alternator and gave them theirs back. If I remember correctly from 40 years ago it was a bad voltage regulator not the alternator.
Yes. They told her that in early summer of 2022. This is 8 months later.

/ Car battery. I am confused #36  
We're fortunate that our oldest daughter can change her own tires and battery. She drives the 80/90 toll road fairly often and has had about 4 flats. She pulls into the first available rest area or exit and changes to the spare. Then she orders a new tire on the internet, has it delivered to her house, takes the flat and the new tire to a garage and has them change it and balance it. Then brings it home and changes it back. Her battery croaked in her garage. I talked her through how to take it out and she had a friend take her and the battery in for testing. It was bad, she got a new one, and put it in herself.

You can't be there all the time for the kids and, girl or boy, they need to know some basic skills for auto repair, as well as survival. A cell phone and internet service is also a great tool. You can call the state police in any state, and they can give you the number of a nearby highway repair/towing company if you're out on the highway. In town, you can call someone you trust. But sometimes, you're on your own and need to be self-sufficient.