Car lift in garage

/ Car lift in garage #14  

Code54

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota MX5100, Kubota BX25D, Kubota KX91-3, BCS 853, Talon and Mule Pro
My son just put this in his shop. He knows his stuff and did a lot of research. Mostly for working on his old Bronco and GTO.
View attachment 652960

I have a fairly low (10FT) ceiling and have the exact same lift! Excellent! It does say in the manual you need a minimum of 4" of concrete.. Easy to install and I used it on a crew cab F150 (biggest thing I used it on) and worked great. I mainly bought ti for working on side by sides but use it a LOT on my Jeep and wife's RAV4.

Once you get a lift you will wonder how you lived without out it.

/ Car lift in garage #15  

Code54

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota MX5100, Kubota BX25D, Kubota KX91-3, BCS 853, Talon and Mule Pro
My son just put this in his shop. He knows his stuff and did a lot of research. Mostly for working on his old Bronco and GTO.
View attachment 652960

I have a fairly low (10FT) ceiling and have the exact same lift! Excellent! It does say in the manual you need a minimum of 4" of concrete.. Easy to install and I used it on a crew cab F150 (biggest thing I used it on) and worked great. I mainly bought it for working on side by sides but use it a LOT on my Jeep and wife's RAV4.

Once you get a lift you will wonder how you lived without out it.

/ Car lift in garage #16  

Gale Hawkins

Tractor
1948 Allis Chambers Model B 1976 265 MF / 1983 JD 310B Backhoe / 1966 Ford 3000 Diesel / 1980 3600 Diesel
MOBILEMAN 6, lbs. Single-Post Lift

This is not the brand or as heavy duty as a friend put in his shop but I liked the portability of the concept. I think the price was $4K+ but is good for a diesel dually PU.

/ Car lift in garage #18  

rhunt

Silver Member
Tractor
kioti nx4510 hst
I think if you are looking into a post lift you should go to several manufacturers sites and see what they recommend. I know Mohawk gives detailed instruction on the installation of there lifts. They have very nice lifts. Bob

/ Car lift in garage #19  

sd455dan

Elite Member
Tractor
Rhino 554, Ford 550 TLB (JD X500, MTD, Gilson riding mowers) Ford 3000-Sold
What are the best type of car lifts for a garage? A 2 post or 4 post?

With a 12-14 foot ceiling height and a 4 inch slab at 3,500 psi. Is that adequate for a lift?

First, As posted that will not be thick enough concrete and also it needs to have rebar if going with a 2 post.

Have a neighbor that bought a used 4 post and didn't even mount it down at first. Worked fine -Not sure of the model, but it came out of a Les Schwab Tire center.

2 or 4 post debate still on going. :D

My son and I work on a lot of cars and trucks and went with a 2 post asymmetrical 10k lift.

If you anticipate the need to

remove a body from a frame-2 post
change a lot of tires and wheels-2 post.
front subframe removal -2 post
front or rear axle removal -2 post

There are attachments to get some of these jobs done with 4 posts.

If you can't change the concrete, A 4 post seems to make more sense.

For changing oil/filters or exhaust work in high production shop -4 post all day, no need to get on the ground and set lift points just drive on.

Very happy with my 2 post lift It gets used far more than I ever thought it would.

Attachments

• Dodge -snow tires -oil change 012.jpg
    Dodge -snow tires -oil change 012.jpg
    633.6 KB · Views: 99
   / Car lift in garage #20  

dodge man

Tractor
JD 2025R
It would be fairly easy to cut ou and replace a chunk of concrete where the lift would anchor down.