Cast iron wheels for M7040

/ Cast iron wheels for M7040 #41  
Probably the best option would be to get wheel weights if they're available for the R4s. I had thought about getting R4s when I was shopping for my m7040 but since I would have had to change the wheel size and reprogram the speedometer I had second thoughts. I was a little bit concerned about the gear ratios when using 4WD if I had changed the wheels too. When my dealer told me that the CI disks weren't available for the size of wheels the R4 tires would fit I decided against it. With your use for the M7040 YOU could always look into getting a 3rd party subframe mounted backhoe for it. Now that would be pretty cool looking. I doubt if it would work though.

/ Cast iron wheels for M7040 #42  
m7040 said:
You will have to use a ballast box for weight then

I have my rear tires watered down. Also my rear box blade is 81" wide and weighs around 1500 pounds. But I can always use more, just not a ballast box.

/ Cast iron wheels for M7040 #43  
Muleskinner said:
I have my rear tires watered down. Also my rear box blade is 81" wide and weighs around 1500 pounds. But I can always use more, just not a ballast box.

More? --> How about wheel weights?

/ Cast iron wheels for M7040 #44  
I have all 4 tires filled and 4 sets of wheel weights and still am a little light on the rears without 1 of my heaviest rear implements. Of course that is only when using the loader at its maximum capacity.:D Full bucket of dirt, no problem.:)

/ Cast iron wheels for M7040 #45  
No one makes wheel weights that are heavy enough for me. I want 500 LBS per side. When I am pulling hard I usually fill up my FEL scoop with dirt for added weight. It makes a world of difference in traction.