Caught 4 small feral hogs at a time, this morning

/ Caught 4 small feral hogs at a time, this morning #71  
I'm just southwest of St Louis and we got none that.... Not that I really want that flash flooding up here. Been there done that. I do like 1 to 4 inches per week, if someone is taking orders....
I think your order got delivered to wrong address. We've picked up ~1.5" today & about 5" over last 7 days. Really appreciate your order though! 😉🙃🙂

If you are a prime member, maybe you can get your money back - I'm keeping this order.

/ Caught 4 small feral hogs at a time, this morning #72  
You are simply the messenger and somehow I think we all knew you did not gather the data nor create the map. If I was strong, it is toward the USDA, not you. In fact, I thought you made a good contribution finding and posting the map. I try to be accurate. I was accurate if somewhat harsh. The USDA is on my "typically screws the farmer" list anyway with the prime examples being spreading autumn olives and other invasive plants around the country.
Sorry, then I may have replied too strongly - my hat's off to you thanks.

• Good Post
Reactions: JWR
   / Caught 4 small feral hogs at a time, this morning #73  
We are close to those numbers and it's raining now. I don't mind the light rain that keeps the temps down, but I did get into frog strangler yesterday will running the dog patrol. Was about a mile from the house, the 2 furballs could have cared less.

/ Caught 4 small feral hogs at a time, this morning #74  
Yup, we aren't doing much better. Looks like our second cut won't be 'til September! And hay, if you can find it, is through the roof.

Everybody round here is hurting. A neighbor up the street has a friend up in NE he bought 16T of corn silage from to supplement this winter. With the cost of fuel, he seriously considered just doing a major herd reduction.
Yup, we aren't doing much better. Looks like our second cut won't be 'til September! And hay, if you can find it, is through the roof.

Everybody round here is hurting. A neighbor up the street has a friend up in NE he bought 16T of corn silage from to supplement this winter. With the cost of fuel, he seriously considered just doing a major herd reduction.

we're already into herd reduction...I wish we could do some herd reduction up in Washington DC !!!

The busiest tool in Texas are compressors. Need those for filling up all the larger trailers for taking the herds to the auction house...

/ Caught 4 small feral hogs at a time, this morning #75  
We are close to those numbers and it's raining now. I don't mind the light rain that keeps the temps down, but I did get into frog strangler yesterday will running the dog patrol. Was about a mile from the house, the 2 furballs could have cared less.
'
"frog strangler" ?? you're going to have to help me out on this one

/ Caught 4 small feral hogs at a time, this morning #76  
Downpour, when you can't see 3 feet in front of you. Sucks on an ATV

/ Caught 4 small feral hogs at a time, this morning #77  
We were renewing our CHCL (What AR Calls a CCL) this am. Right about the time it started, we had just gotten to the range. Actually felt good, and hadn't gotten to the frog strangler stage yet, the temp went from around 90 (w/ 90%) to about 73 in less than 15 mins.

/ Caught 4 small feral hogs at a time, this morning #78  
In Texas, we will not consume wild hogs until it gets cooler/cold. This means we have 4-5 days of potential eating per year ;-(

Also, when the corn goes into the deer feeders, obviously hogs eat the corn too...a little marbling in the winter helps w the taste...right now w the current heat/drought in TX, this is putting the hurt on the hogs too...killing everything, including our agricultural economy..going thru round bales like there's no tomorrow...I would take a whole sounder of pigs on my place for an 8-10" rain...
I'll see your sounder of pigs and raise two Fireant nests to get 8-10" rain at my place.

/ Caught 4 small feral hogs at a time, this morning #79  
I escaped fire ants when we moved to MO. Boy do I not miss having to quick step every time I stepped on some soft ground. Or standing in rain water and have a float of them critter get a hold. We just have armies of ticks, spiders and mosquitoes, but the stupid eye gnats (gnats that fly into your eyeball) take the cake.