chain performace

/ chain performace #11  
My Dad and I have only used Oregon or Stihl chains. I've been tempted to try some others, but I don't think I'd bother after watching that.

/ chain performace #12  
....but, but, but.....what about a non-safety Husqvarna chain?
I’ve always ran Oregon chains on Husky bars, but just tried my first Husky chain on it.
Seems like a good chain. Holds a good edge and seems hard when I file it. Jury is still out, we’ll see.

/ chain performace #13  
Oregon owns Carlton chain, and is the OEM supplier of chain for Husqvarna among most other brands of saws also. Stihl is made using Oregon technology and patents.

/ chain performace #14  
When I first read this thread I was thinking I never wear out a chain so does the initial cost matter. I have two chains for my MS 250 and I noticed the guy on the video looking at them with a magnifying glass. I did that and compared it to the other chain and was surprised how worn it was. Still has some life in it but it is one of those things that sneak up on you.

So the Stihl chains have a mark etched on the tooth. I always assumed this was a guide for the sharping angle but is it really the wear mark for when to throw the chain out or is it for both?

/ chain performace #16  
Dodgeman,
....don’t forget to file the rakers as the chain teeth wear (and are filed) down.

/ chain performace #18  
....but, but, but.....what about a non-safety Husqvarna chain?
I致e always ran Oregon chains on Husky bars, but just tried my first Husky chain on it.
Seems like a good chain. Holds a good edge and seems hard when I file it. Jury is still out, we値l see.

Oregon owns Carlton chain, and is the OEM supplier of chain for Husqvarna among most other brands of saws also. Stihl is made using Oregon technology and patents.

Up until a couple of years ago, all of the Husqvarna chain sold in the US was made by Oregon. Husqvarna now has their own chain manufacturing facility (in Sweden, I believe). If I'm not mistaken their new "X-cut" chain is all made there.

/ chain performace #19  
Does anybody have a lead on where I can get full chisel chain? I can't find any in the St Louis area.

/ chain performace #20  
Does anybody have a lead on where I can get full chisel chain? I can't find any in the St Louis area.
If you want to find it locally, you might need to get out of the big box stores and local hardware stores and find a chainsaw shop, or perhaps a tractor dealership (many of them also sell chainsaws and accessories). If you can't find anything locally, you can find them online at Amazon, or at an online retailer that handles a full line of chainsaw/forestry products (Bailey's is one place you might try). If you need help matching a chain to your saw, so you are sure you are ordering one that fits, they have a good bar & chain selector on their website.