Chain Saw Mount

/ Chain Saw Mount #1  

Mrsig

Platinum Member
Tractor
LS MT225 4x4
I just got a Dewalt 60 volt 16" chain saw and this works great! I have been cutting trees from 26" up to 36" with no problem and most of my trees are white & water oaks.

It will run a few hours on the battery glade I got a few more but after marker ones.
To mount it to my tractor all I did is tape the blade protector to the FEL arm than used some 125 lbs cable ties them removed the tape. The blade protector is made from some heavy duty plastic.

My land is not flat so it stayed in place for over 2 days now so I am happy with the mount and it did not cost me anything but a few bucks in cable ties. The saw is about 10 lbs with out the battery.
chain1.jpeg

chain2.jpeg

chain.jpeg

/ Chain Saw Mount #2  
I have seen a lot of different saw holders on here and that has to be one of if not the simplest one. (y) It amazes me how many solutions there are for the same problem.

gg

/ Chain Saw Mount #3  
I just got a Dewalt 60 volt 16" chain saw and this works great! I have been cutting trees from 26" up to 36" with no problem and most of my trees are white & water oaks.

It will run a few hours on the battery glade I got a few more but after marker ones.
To mount it to my tractor all I did is tape the blade protector to the FEL arm than used some 125 lbs cable ties them removed the tape. The blade protector is made from some heavy duty plastic.

My land is not flat so it stayed in place for over 2 days now so I am happy with the mount and it did not cost me anything but a few bucks in cable ties. The saw is about 10 lbs with out the battery.
View attachment 710599

View attachment 710600

View attachment 710598
That's a great idea good job installing it looks really nice

/ Chain Saw Mount #4  
Really great, mounting in this way look like you are going for the hunting and carry your gun;)

/ Chain Saw Mount #5  
I like the idea and I have the same DeWalt 60v Max saw. I would love to mount it to my F-3680 roll bar, but I would be concerned the weight of the saws power head (especially with battery) might damage the bolts/bolt holes where it connects to the cutter bar while it bounces around.
Im interested in trying your method. Have you found the saw head flail-around on bumps?

/ Chain Saw Mount
I like the idea and I have the same DeWalt 60v Max saw. I would love to mount it to my F-3680 roll bar, but I would be concerned the weight of the saws power head (especially with battery) might damage the bolts/bolt holes where it connects to the cutter bar while it bounces around.
Im interested in trying your method. Have you found the saw head flail-around on bumps?
It has been on for about 2 weeks now and is holding strong if flexes a little when I hit the big ruts but 0 problems and my saw still cuts straight.

/ Chain Saw Mount #7  
Great. I need to try this. So many low branches to trim. Would be fantastic to have saw aboard.

Hving operated machinery for 40 years, it’s hard to believe none of these companies build tractors with on board tool storage, on board chain saw storage and more recently, on board battery recharge systems

/ Chain Saw Mount
So my chain saw mount I just notice the chain was starting to rip though the edge so after 9 months I thought that was a good run.

Upgrade time! I took quarter " PVC cut it to fit the sides so it was a super tight fit. I put RTV on the sides and snapped the PVC on. Now there is 0 flex.
Next did the same on the bottom & drilled to small holes in the bottom sides just in case for drainage.

Than painted and mounted it up it should last years now.
cs.jpeg

Old next to new.

cs1.jpeg

Now mounted.

chm.jpeg

/ Chain Saw Mount
Forgot to put post up final photo.
chd.jpeg