Chain Storage Ideas Wanted

/ Chain Storage Ideas Wanted #1  

Scotty Dive

Veteran Member
Tractor
Yanmar 2020D
Looking for ingenious and or not so ingenuis ways to store about 25 foot of chain on the tractor. I have a small tool box on the fender that I use for a hammer etc. but cannot figure a good safe place for the chain....any ideas? Pictures?

/ Chain Storage Ideas Wanted #3  
I haven't done it but a piece of 3 or 4" pvc pipe on the loader post with a drain hole in bottom cap and hose clamped to post.

tom

/ Chain Storage Ideas Wanted #4  
On my pickup I used plastic newspaper roadside delivery box that was bolted in the vertical.
Those 'bins' are tough and well vented as well.

/ Chain Storage Ideas Wanted #5  
I use a small horse bucket (black ...helps with evaporation) with several 3/4" holes in the bottom for water drainage. A 25ft chain just fills the bucket. Get a bucket with a flat side and it won't bounce around.

/ Chain Storage Ideas Wanted #6  
I usually leave my box blade on all summer and i keep a 35' chain wrapped around two of the scarifiers, I have used the tractor with this setup all summer and it has worked well for me.........Craig

Attachments

• image-179644729.png
    image-179644729.png
    836 KB · Views: 499
   / Chain Storage Ideas Wanted #7  
I added golf bags to carry tools and chains. The photo below shows chain hooks peeking over the edge of the first bag.

I liked that so much that I added a kid-size golf bag strapped to the inside face of the right loader column. I carry the chains there now. (Two 12 ft chains).

With the bottom of the golf bags supported, neither bag has torn in the 5+ years since I installed them. (When they do, back to Goodwill for another $2.98 out-of-style bag :)).

59019d1155016451-shovel-carrier-golf-bag-p1030489rgolftractor2.jpg

Photo better showing the back golf bag
. Bow saw and pruner for the orchard; shovel, weed hoe, and mattock for irrigation reservoirs around new trees.

/ Chain Storage Ideas Wanted #8  
My father and I have a pvc open pipe attached to loader support on our tractors. We just put chain inside pipe and hook on top and it works good.

/ Chain Storage Ideas Wanted #9  
Cal, I am a cheap SOB as well, and would use that if I had ROPS on my tractor. Now if I need a chain, I drop the implement, grab one of the trailers, and use it to pack the chain to where I need it. Or use the 4wd pickup to get it there, and maybe use it to get the job done.

/ Chain Storage Ideas Wanted #10  
The bracket up front for suitcase weights works well to store chain on or around for me. With weights attached, I just wrap it around the frame for the bracket, connect the ends together, and use a small bungee cord to ensure the grab hooks don't disconnect. On one machine, I have a plate welded on the bottom of the bracket, and it is deep enough to just carry a chain down in there. It's out of the way and clean.