Chainsaw scabbard

/ Chainsaw scabbard #1  

coolbrze

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota MX5800
Wanting to mount a chainsaw scabbard on my Kubota MX5800. I saw the SawHaul mounts/scabbards online & they look pretty good but my lift arms are slightly too big. Was thinking there may be another option to mount on the ROPS? Any other good mounts so I can carry my Stihl MS500i w/ 28" bar around easily & safely?

/ Chainsaw scabbard #2  
This is what I did with cable ties & reinforced the sides and bottom with PVC than RTV them on.

chd.jpeg
chm.jpeg

/ Chainsaw scabbard #3  
This works for me.
IMG_0001.jpeg

/ Chainsaw scabbard #4  
Wanting to mount a chainsaw scabbard on my Kubota MX5800. I saw the SawHaul mounts/scabbards online & they look pretty good but my lift arms are slightly too big. Was thinking there may be another option to mount on the ROPS? Any other good mounts so I can carry my Stihl MS500i w/ 28" bar around easily & safely?

You may or may not be aware of this, but the SawHaul kits actually come in a larger size for larger tractors. If you look at them on Amazon, the only option is the one standard size (too small). The larger size can be found at the link below. It basically comes with a larger u-bolt to clamp the larger loader arms.

SawHaul Complete Kit for Tractors

I bought the large kit, then decided I didn't like where it sat on the loader frame with u-bolt kit. I ended up drilling two small holes in my loader frame and mounting the scabbard using two 1/4" grade 8 bolts. If you chose to go this route, you'd just need to buy the base kit with your scabbard length of choice. I really like mine.

Attachments

• 20220615_172320.jpg
    20220615_172320.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 139
  • 20220605_123541.jpg
    20220605_123541.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 144
   / Chainsaw scabbard #5  
anyone wanting ideas on how to carry a saw should look at this thread - 16 pages of how TBN'ers do it.

gg

Last edited:
   / Chainsaw scabbard #7  
I made two of them from wood with a metal frame to attach it to the equipment. Pic is on a mini ex. Theres hardly room for a 6' tall person much less a 72cc saw with a 28in bar. It dosnt stick out of the rops and isnt in the way.

Attachments

• 20190705_195702.jpg
    20190705_195702.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 143
   / Chainsaw scabbard
Good stuff thanks everyone! Was hoping not to mount the 500i on the ROPS since I think it would be a PITA to get a 28" bar in & out all the time...

/ Chainsaw scabbard #9  
I used a Saw Haul brand on my MX5400 with no modification. As I recall there was a version on the SawHaul site that was a perfect fit. It's a great piece of kit by the way.