Changing a light bulb

/ Changing a light bulb #2  
This is very impressive.......

15' TV Tower - YouTube

I done a little of that tower bulb changing in my younger days... But much shorter sticks than that one. I am sure that transmitter was turned off and locked out, but climbing those batwings would sure have been a really hot time if they werent.:shocked:

/ Changing a light bulb
I done a little of that tower bulb changing in my younger days... But much shorter sticks than that one. I am sure that transmitter was turned off and locked out, but climbing those batwings would sure have been a really hot time if they werent.:shocked:

One hecka of a view but not for me. I can't imagine being up there!

/ Changing a light bulb #4  
I had absolutely no fear of heights until about age 24. Then all of a sudden, for no reason I can think of, I just started getting queasy around open heights. Gives me the heeby jeebies to go near the edge of anything over about 25'. One story house. No problem. Two story house, starting to have a problem. Three story.... nope. It takes me some time to build up courage to go near windows in buildings over about 6 stories. Sears Tower it was hard to get off the elevator on the observation floor, but I did it. Weird thing is I work on a 6 story machine, indoors, though. That one doesn't bother me, but I don't lean over the railings and look down.

However, get me in a small plane or helicopter and I quite enjoy flying fast and low, or high or anything in between. But I can't imagine you'd ever get me into a hot air balloon. :wave:

/ Changing a light bulb #5  
I had absolutely no fear of heights until about age 24. Then all of a sudden, for no reason I can think of, I just started getting queasy around open heights. Gives me the heeby jeebies to go near the edge of anything over about 25'. One story house. No problem. Two story house, starting to have a problem. Three story.... nope. It takes me some time to build up courage to go near windows in buildings over about 6 stories. Sears Tower it was hard to get off the elevator on the observation floor, but I did it. Weird thing is I work on a 6 story machine, indoors, though. That one doesn't bother me, but I don't lean over the railings and look down.

However, get me in a small plane or helicopter and I quite enjoy flying fast and low, or high or anything in between. But I can't imagine you'd ever get me into a hot air balloon. :wave:

You should try the balloon. It was the most pleasant flight in anything I can think of. I have been in many planes of all types and one helicopter, but the balloon beat them all. It was so wonderfully quiet (except during the burns) and you can hear stuff on the ground, sooo well. It seem you can hear for miles.. It was great.. I would do it again in a heartbeat. Not scary at all. i am serious, if you get the chance, don't turn it down..:thumbsup:

/ Changing a light bulb
I don't mind most heights but that tower.......no thanks! Been in many planes and helicopters overs the years.....I liked those. Got to ride in the Goodyear Blimp for a few hours over LA several years ago.....now that was fun.....very smooth and pretty quiet except the low hum of the motor. The highlight of that trip was over the Pacific Ocean......we followed a couple of grey whales for awhile.....quite a sight.

/ Changing a light bulb #8  
You should try the balloon. It was the most pleasant flight in anything I can think of. I have been in many planes of all types and one helicopter, but the balloon beat them all. It was so wonderfully quiet (except during the burns) and you can hear stuff on the ground, sooo well. It seem you can hear for miles.. It was great.. I would do it again in a heartbeat. Not scary at all. i am serious, if you get the chance, don't turn it down..:thumbsup:

NOPE! NOPE! NOPE! NOPE! NOPE! NOPE! NOPE! NOPE! NOPE! NOPE! NOPE! NOPE! NOPE! NOPE! NOPE!
NOPE! NOPE! NOPE! NOPE! NOPE! NOPE! NOPE! NOPE! NOPE! NOPE! NOPE! NOPE! NOPE! NOPE! NOPE!

:laughing:

/ Changing a light bulb #9  
... Got to ride in the Goodyear Blimp for a few hours over LA several years ago.........

You're killing me! :laughing: When I was a very little kid, probably around 1965 or so, my dad took me to a local airport to see the blimp moored to the ground. It was nighttime, and they were servicing the helium. Neat truck, lights, guys in uniforms and coveralls.... still remember it to this day. Dad struck up a conversation with someone and the next thing I knew I was sitting in the pilot seat. But that was only 3' off the ground! :)

/ Changing a light bulb #10  
MossRoad,
I got queasy just reading your post. The puke green emotoicon seems appropriate and the one with big eyes looks like he's queasy-:D:eek: