Cheap ways to put a roof over equipment?

/ Cheap ways to put a roof over equipment? #41  
Perfect. Doors both ends, and make sure you have lots of ventilation at the roof line. Condensation will rust everything Ferrous.
I plan to vent the containers but just have not gotten around to it. We have had one container for about 6 years and the second container for almost two years and condensation has been a big problem.

/ Cheap ways to put a roof over equipment? #42  
I plan to vent the containers but just have not gotten around to it. We have had one container for about 6 years and the second container for almost two years and condensation has been a big problem.
Is there any air circulation under the containers? My understanding is that a major source of moisture is from the ground underneath coming up through the floor. Mine has a definite air gap underneath (each corner is supported on ties) and despite very wet winters I've had no condensation.

/ Cheap ways to put a roof over equipment? #43  
Is there any air circulation under the containers? My understanding is that a major source of moisture is from the ground underneath coming up through the floor. Mine has a definite air gap underneath (each corner is supported on ties) and despite very wet winters I've had no condensation.
Yes both containers are 4 to 6 inches off the ground.

/ Cheap ways to put a roof over equipment? #44  
The "cheapness" of containers is dependent on location. And unless you spend more $$ they are ugly so getting the lady on board is a must.

A couple of years ago I came really close to getting one but decided to sell off the stuff I did not use very much or at all. I know people with pole barns crammed with junk and add more storage space.

/ Cheap ways to put a roof over equipment? #45  
Those fabric covered buildings don't last long, depending on the quality of the fabric. Once the fabric tears, install some metal roofing sheets, easy and durable. I now have 3 sheds covered in this manner and have not had a snow load issue. You MUST get all the hoop frames all level and straight as it really helps the process. One building was a old greenhouse and I built wood ends. Once the metal is screwed to the hoops, it REALLY stiffens up the structure.

View attachment 693600
It can be even cheaper if you can pick up old roller doors. I use 6 uprights and 3 hoops rolled from 30x30x1.2 SHS.
Works a treat.

No snow here though.

Cheers

/ Cheap ways to put a roof over equipment? #46  
No snow here either, so I'm hopeful. I see a few of them around. Depending on how long it lasts you can order new fabric, but if it's not worthwhile I'd cover it with metal also.

/ Cheap ways to put a roof over equipment? #47  
They showed up about 6 pm yesterday and installed my shed. Couldn't be happier!

$3400 installed for 18x36 with 13' leg height, and a 3' strip down one side.

IMG_20210524_210148885.jpg

IMG_20210524_211029293.jpg

IMG_20210525_061941068.jpg

IMG_20210525_062003137.jpg

/ Cheap ways to put a roof over equipment? #48  
I never thought much about roofs until I moved to a place with a roof that needed fixing. Before long, I discovered that roofing is a complicated, expensive, and dangerous job. So when we wanted to replace our roof, I researched how to find the right company for the job. While finding a good roofer, I checked many sites full of reviews, and I opted for carportaustralia.com.au. These guys are the best in our local market, and they have pretty great reviews. Still, I am delighted with the work they do and the materials they use.

Last edited:
   / Cheap ways to put a roof over equipment? #49  
Start with some 6x6's and metal roof, then add metal siding when you can afford it.

pb.JPG