CJ7 rear ended

/ CJ7 rear ended #11  
I don't know the laws in your state, but around here it is not legal to weld a frame.
Cut and splice using rivits is OK, but needs a specialized liscensed shop to do so.
Naturally off road would be exempt.
Also if an insurance declares the vehicle scrap the VIN is withdrawn from circulation and your goose is cooked.

Note that is here and laws probably vary from stste to state, but I'd look into that aspect before deciding.

/ CJ7 rear ended
Collecting parts:

Attachments

• DSCN4812.jpg
    DSCN4812.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 198
  • DSCN4810.jpg
    DSCN4810.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 191
   / CJ7 rear ended
Progress:

Attachments

• DSCN4821.jpg
    DSCN4821.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 150
  • DSCN4825.jpg
    DSCN4825.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 152
   / CJ7 rear ended #15  
I don't know the laws in your state, but around here it is not legal to weld a frame.
Cut and splice using rivits is OK, but needs a specialized liscensed shop to do so.
Naturally off road would be exempt.
Also if an insurance declares the vehicle scrap the VIN is withdrawn from circulation and your goose is cooked.

Note that is here and laws probably vary from stste to state, but I'd look into that aspect before deciding.
I had a pick up that the insurance co totaled .
They paid me the claim and I kept the truck and drove it for several years finally selling it for about 400 dollars.

/ CJ7 rear ended #16  
Looks good that you have another frame. The rest will work out, the frame is the heart of a jeep.

/ CJ7 rear ended
So... A reverse cut high pinion Dana 60 in the rear, and a high pinion Dana 44 for the front? With a set of air lockers? My BIL did that in his '84 CJ7. Works really nice on the rocks. Wasn't cheap though...

Oh, I wish:) Actually, I would go Dana 44 for the front to match the rear one, OX lockers and 4:1 kit for Dana 300 and be happy with it.

Hmm, take it back, Jeeps are never finished:D

/ CJ7 rear ended #19  
Do you have a helper? JC

Attachments

• orange jeep.jpg
    orange jeep.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 2,783
   / CJ7 rear ended
Do you have a helper? JC

Buddy of mine will show up when there is a need for second pair of hands - like to position the tub. The rest I can handle with some primitive machines and brutal strength:)

What does shade tree mechanic do when there is no good tree?:D

Nice Jeep, JC:)

Attachments

• DSCN4874.jpg
    DSCN4874.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 159