Cleaning Snow From Blower; Tell Me How

/ Cleaning Snow From Blower; Tell Me How #1  

JDGreenGrass

Veteran Member
Tractor
John Deere 770
I like this Frontier 3pt. snowblower, a lot. However, it gathers snow to beat the band.!! No, not the chute. The framing and housing is a magnet for snow....

How do we all deal with it after blowing for a couple hours.??

I have tried a 1''x2''x4' stick. 2 brooms, different styles. Hand and glove. Hammer. It just ain't working for me, especially for the one wet storm we had. I just put a little space heater on it and it's not enough.

Now, I am thinking it has to be a $200 bullet heater with a blower.

Anyways, how do you clean your blower after the storm.??...:cool:

/ Cleaning Snow From Blower; Tell Me How #2  
Heat, or let it sit in the sun when I can. Some have been mentioning spraying with Pam before use, try it. they claim it helps.

/ Cleaning Snow From Blower; Tell Me How
Heat, or let it sit in the sun when I can. Some have been mentioning spraying with Pam before use, try it. they claim it helps.

Interesting tip that I'd not thought of....Spray The Whole Dang Thing With Pam.!!!

Would it smell pretty.??

I rarely through the years have had any problem with snow build up in the chute.

Got to heat it up and melt it somehow. I'm going out to check on the little heater now...it's been on for an hour.

I'm thinking a wood stove in the garage. That would be nice.:thumbsup:

/ Cleaning Snow From Blower; Tell Me How #5  
Be careful!!! Someone on here just broke a bunch of fingers cleaning out a blower...

/ Cleaning Snow From Blower; Tell Me How #7  
I use a flat blade ice chipper or a flat shovel. It clears most of it out in just a couple minutes.

/ Cleaning Snow From Blower; Tell Me How #8  
Yes I strongly advise not to use hand and glove you don't need a pretty purple cast like mine.

/ Cleaning Snow From Blower; Tell Me How #9  
You might be able to blow some of it away with compressed air. I tried just pointing my salamander heater at it for a few minutes and that helped quite a bit.

/ Cleaning Snow From Blower; Tell Me How #10  
I wouldn't worry about it. As long as the rotator is free of ice, the extra snow will give you some extra traction.