Cleaning Snow From Blower; Tell Me How

/ Cleaning Snow From Blower; Tell Me How #11  
   / Cleaning Snow From Blower; Tell Me How #13  
A kerosene fired salamader works wonders also I have had mine for 16 years now and its been a godsend for the trucks, firewood processor, ice jams in down spouts.....

Every now and then you can find a nice deal on propane fired salamanders also. I picked one up at a local Big Lots for around $50. You can either use a gas grill tank or purchase a larger tank for it.

/ Cleaning Snow From Blower; Tell Me How #14  
The one thing my snowblower can't handle is when the weather turns warmer and creates an 1-2" wet layer of snow on top of the cold snow below. That stuff instantly freezes to the auger and the housing. Never caused a clogged chute tho. May be if your garage is heated and as the warm snowblower digs into the snow it creates a layer of ice then the snow sticks to that very well? My garage is not heated so I don't have that problem. As for clean up I just use an old broken broom without the handle. It works pretty well. I NEVER clean that thing with the tractor running. NEVER.

/ Cleaning Snow From Blower; Tell Me How #15  
I don't have a blower , but my plow does the same thing if I take it out of the garage and start using it right away. The plow is warmer than the snow and when the snow gets on the plow it melts a little and then freezes to the plow and frame. I have found that if I let the tractor sit out side for about 15 min. before I start plowing I don't have the problem.
Bill

/ Cleaning Snow From Blower; Tell Me How #16  
I use the simple approach to snow removal on the blower, I do not worry about it. I have grease fittings on the chute rotator that gets a shot at the start of the season and the chain gets a heavy spray of industrial wire rope lube. I keep a D handle shovel no snovel head behind the seat for pocking out the chute. The machine is stored in a unheated building and I have never had a snow linger on the blower when SPRING arrrives.
Craig Clayton

/ Cleaning Snow From Blower; Tell Me How #17  
I use a couple of those short handled plastic windshield scraper/brushes. One w/scraper for cleaning out the blower/auger area and the second one without scraper for brushing the snow off everything else. Works pretty good for me. I have a heated garage and the floor drain can only take so much water in the winter without loading up. Machine is always turned off when doing this.

--

/ Cleaning Snow From Blower; Tell Me How #20  
I have a different problem. When I pull it into the heated garage (45-50 deg) the **** snow melts and flows towards the garage door and makes a mess :)