Cleaning Snow From Blower; Tell Me How

/ Cleaning Snow From Blower; Tell Me How #31  
Thanks, leonz. I don't have one nor plan on getting one, but hope the young fellas that are considering one might read your post.

/ Cleaning Snow From Blower; Tell Me How #32  
I don't bother cleaning the snow off. Park the tractor, lower the implements, and shut it off. Mine lives outside, so no mess on the floor to worry about. Next time I want to use it, I spin the auger with my foot, making sure auger and impeller turn freely, and I give the spout a little twist to make sure it's not frozen. If everything moves, it's ready to go.

/ Cleaning Snow From Blower; Tell Me How #33  
Here is what I use for snow removal after I am done and tractor in the shed.
$100 bucks, 60,000 BTUs.
johndeeremancave7.jpg

/ Cleaning Snow From Blower; Tell Me How #34  
No sir you do not use, you never use, nor ever use a kerosene, propane or fuel oil fired heater in an enclosed garage or garages of any size without all the doors open in any circumstance what so ever as their is no separaton of Carbon Monoxide fumes from combustion. :)

The white gas and propane radiant heaters are also a no no with doors closed in any circumstance.

Adding a box fan blowing in fresh air in front of the garage door on the floor aids in removing the Carbon monoxide and continually adds fresh air into the open garage space diluting the fumes.

Sorry I have to disagree.. I've heated my whole house with a kerosene heater many many times without any issue. This was in subzero weather, so believe me there were no doors or windows open.

Wedge

/ Cleaning Snow From Blower; Tell Me How
I don't bother cleaning the snow off. Park the tractor, lower the implements, and shut it off. Mine lives outside, so no mess on the floor to worry about. Next time I want to use it, I spin the auger with my foot, making sure auger and impeller turn freely, and I give the spout a little twist to make sure it's not frozen. If everything moves, it's ready to go.

Ya know, THAT is where I'm heading as well. I was waiting for someone to speak up and say...keep the moving parts moving and call it good.:thumbsup:

That's where my blower is now...socked right in with snow but, everything looks good and it operates great.!!

Now this...stupid me had a light go on today. If I raise the blower I can put that little propane heater UNDER the blower...That will work. I'm sure it will. Any objections to this before I try it.??:confused2:

/ Cleaning Snow From Blower; Tell Me How #36  
I use a wooden dowel and a putty knife/hand glove. I don't get to worried about flat surface areas like the top of the unit just brush it off. I do clear out the area that the chain runs through and the auger/fan areas. I don't want the snow to melt part way then freez and form ice chunks that could bust a shear-pin.

/ Cleaning Snow From Blower; Tell Me How #37  
OOohhhh....I really hate to steal someones thunder! :confused2: Where is WAXMAN in this discussion...:laughing::D:thumbsup:

I know he would suggest what I am about to..... Give it a good coat of WAX in the fall. All surfaces inside and out. This will help prevent snow build up and is not something that has to be repeated throughout the season.

To go a little further- and better, instead of using automobile wax, use the wax placed on downhill ski's. These type of wax compounds are formulated for different types of surfaces. I do not know if there is a "universal" formula or not.

I heard of this while watching a show on "The History Channel". In either WWII or Korea, the engineers were having problems with snow and ice sticking to their dozer blades. Because they kept them garaged, the temperature difference was causing a problem- even though it wasn't specifically heated. Someone came up with this idea and it worked.

Of course, WAXMAN- would probably have all of the varieties available so he could put the proper wax on for the conditions each day :rolleyes:

/ Cleaning Snow From Blower; Tell Me How #38  
I like this Frontier 3pt. snowblower, a lot. However, it gathers snow to beat the band.!! No, not the chute. The framing and housing is a magnet for snow....

How do we all deal with it after blowing for a couple hours.??

Simply Hollar, "HEY WIFE - GET YOUR ARSE OUT HERE AND CLEAN THIS OFF!!"

Sheesh.

JayC

/ Cleaning Snow From Blower; Tell Me How #39  
Ya know, THAT is where I'm heading as well. I was waiting for someone to speak up and say...keep the moving parts moving and call it good.:thumbsup:

That's where my blower is now...socked right in with snow but, everything looks good and it operates great.!!

Now this...stupid me had a light go on today. If I raise the blower I can put that little propane heater UNDER the blower...That will work. I'm sure it will. Any objections to this before I try it.??:confused2:

Someone posted last year about having their blower melt/freeze then break shear pins when he fired it up the next time due to ice. I dilligently cleaned my blower off the first time I used it, then decided, screw it - that's stupid.

I don't believe any ice build up can stop my blower from turning. And if it ever does, I'll chip it off and change the shear pin at that time. Can't take much longer than trying to clean all that snow off...just once!

JayC