Color-coded hydraulic plugs/caps?

/ Color-coded hydraulic plugs/caps? #1  

ishiboo

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti NX6010HSTC, Cat 279c
I know how to search and there are 20 threads on this already, however all the links are broken and I haven't found another solution.

I am looking for the 1/2 ag connector plugs/caps. I think there was an eBay seller that had them in groups of 12 sets (or 6 sets, 1 each cap/plug per color?) at one time but I can't find them now. Ideally I would like that, if not I would like a wider selection of colors than I've been able to find - so far basically Deere (green/black/yellow/silver) or Parker (black/red). I've also found the Parker caps do not hold at all onto the connectors.

/ Color-coded hydraulic plugs/caps? #3  
I know how to search and there are 20 threads on this already, however all the links are broken and I haven't found another solution.

I am looking for the 1/2 ag connector plugs/caps. I think there was an eBay seller that had them in groups of 12 sets (or 6 sets, 1 each cap/plug per color?) at one time but I can't find them now. Ideally I would like that, if not I would like a wider selection of colors than I've been able to find - so far basically Deere (green/black/yellow/silver) or Parker (black/red). I've also found the Parker caps do not hold at all onto the connectors.

How many colors do you need? :confused:Go here, they have 6 or 7 colors, you will probably need to call them though.

/ Color-coded hydraulic plugs/caps? #4  
I have never solved the dust cap issue. They either don't fit, or get so dirty, you don't want to use them. The OEM ones on my JD are so petrified, they will no longer work. Might as well cut them off and throw them in the garbage.

What I do use, however, is narrow colored tye raps to mark the orientation of couplers. Put them around the waist of a fitting and cut off the tail. This has saved me lots of time. Usually the problem is, that by the time I figure out which way the couplers go, I can't be bothered to mark them and go through the same thing next time, wondering why I didn't mark them the last time.

/ Color-coded hydraulic plugs/caps? #5  
I have never solved the dust cap issue. They either don't fit, or get so dirty, you don't want to use them. The OEM ones on my JD are so petrified, they will no longer work. Might as well cut them off and throw them in the garbage.

What I do use, however, is narrow colored tye raps to mark the orientation of couplers. Put them around the waist of a fitting and cut off the tail. This has saved me lots of time. Usually the problem is, that by the time I figure out which way the couplers go, I can't be bothered to mark them and go through the same thing next time, wondering why I didn't mark them the last time.

There are without a doubt different qualities of the dust caps-plugs. The rubber ones that Trausch has are easily the best ones that I have found, and even at a reasonable cost. Or you can go with metal ones with o-rings to last forever, more money and harder to keep things straight though. I currently have the metal plugs and caps on my small tractor and will be changing them out for colored ones in the future.

My memory isn't what it use to be. :(

/ Color-coded hydraulic plugs/caps? #6  
All my John Deere supplied plugs and caps Loader/ PB have always worked really well.

I had too issues with caps from Parker not fitting well when I did up the hydraulic lines for my dump trailer.

There is a set of 6 here. I think that price is pretty outrageous but hey what do I know. :confused3:

Where I work the help managed to mix up the removable matching caps and plugs on the lines for the 4320 loader. Don't even ask me how but they did :confused2: and I had a heck of time for a bit to get things back straight. I swear they did it on purpose, so I bested them by using colored electrical tape further back along the lines and hoses. Tape is cheap and ok for a quite a while and if have to replace it even once a year that's fine with me. (I also have bundles of different colored zip ties I've used for motorcycle customizing over the years I could use them too.)

I looked and I can't connect with that ebay source either

The pic and a rerouted link to ebay come up in a search but look to me to be the same thing as the Deere plug and caps.

dust caps.jpg

/ Color-coded hydraulic plugs/caps? #7  
I like to keep things OEM, but JD has all the caps and plugs plumbed into the whole mess of tightly spaced couplers. That would be twelve fittings to rip apart and I have fought for years to keep the leaks at bay, so I won't be touching it any time soon.

/ Color-coded hydraulic plugs/caps?
All my John Deere supplied plugs and caps Loader/ PB have always worked really well.

I had too issues with caps from Parker not fitting well when I did up the hydraulic lines for my dump trailer.

There is a set of 6 here. I think that price is pretty outrageous but hey what do I know. :confused3:

Where I work the help managed to mix up the removable matching caps and plugs on the lines for the 4320 loader. Don't even ask me how but they did :confused2: and I had a heck of time for a bit to get things back straight. I swear they did it on purpose, so I bested them by using colored electrical tape further back along the lines and hoses. Tape is cheap and ok for a quite a while and if have to replace it even once a year that's fine with me. (I also have bundles of different colored zip ties I've used for motorcycle customizing over the years I could use them too.)

I looked and I can't connect with that ebay source either

The pic and a rerouted link to ebay come up in a search but look to me to be the same thing as the Deere plug and caps.

View attachment 453481

Looking at the picture, I am certain those are the ones from eBay! I had no idea they were Deere OEM. I'll purchase a set if I can find part #s for individual plugs/caps to match as necessary to make additional implements match. :)

Thanks all! Any other/better suggestions, keep them coming!

/ Color-coded hydraulic plugs/caps? #9  
Do a Google on the part # AW28043.
There are better prices out there.

/ Color-coded hydraulic plugs/caps? #10