Common sayings that are wrong or butchered

/ Common sayings that are wrong or butchered #201  
Do you loan or barrow things out? As in I'll barrow you my drill, Vs I'll loan you my drill. I believe both can be made grammatically correct however I can't count how many times I "borrowed" stuff to friends. 😂 🔪
My BIL referred to the “bar pit” on his land a couple of times recently. I had to ask. Ah, borrow pit, where they borrowed the dirt decades ago to build a nearby county road. I do wonder when that dirt is due to be returned. 🥹

/ Common sayings that are wrong or butchered #202  
And who would take a sh&@? I’d rather give one.
As in I gotta go take a shxx. Well just don’t take one of mine, I only have two left and the weekend is coming up! (George Carlin?)

/ Common sayings that are wrong or butchered #204  
Diner and supper get's confusing between households.

Diner is at mid day, and sometimes carried in a diner pail.

Supper is the evening meal. Often times soup to sup.

Both are often stirred in a pot ;-)
I eat a big breakfast, skip midday dinner, eat evening dinner. Around here, supper is something oldey times people did, or still do in clubs up there in WI. 😁

/ Common sayings that are wrong or butchered #205  
Back to mispronouncing the word nuclear - I like "new clear", as in "It's a new clear day!"
🦆 and 📔...
As I recall W pronounced it that way. You could probably have an entire thread on W's twisting of the English language. Anyone remember "strategery" and "misunderestimate"?

/ Common sayings that are wrong or butchered #206  
Where I grew up folks occasionally used to say pank or panking snow no idea how or where that word got discombobulated into a similar meaning equating to shoveling snow?

/ Common sayings that are wrong or butchered #207  
Guzinta = goes in to

Made famous by Jethro Bodine. (Five guzinta ten two times)

/ Common sayings that are wrong or butchered #208  
Around here, supper is something oldey times people did, or still do in clubs up there in WI. 😁
Seems to be regional. I use both interchangeably.

/ Common sayings that are wrong or butchered #209  
Guzinta = goes in to

Made famous by Jethro Bodine. (Five guzinta ten two times)
That was basic math, here is some real fancy cipherin' here...

/ Common sayings that are wrong or butchered #210  
It is "Thomas the Tank Engine," not "Thomas the Train."

Bruce