Compact Tractor Grapple Build

/ Compact Tractor Grapple Build #22  
Table area grinder storage you will like. I hate changing from grinder wheel to abrasive wheel to cut off wheel to flap sand discs so I have 3 or 4 grinders always set up. They take up a fair amount of work area.

/ Compact Tractor Grapple Build
Crazy fabrication skills man, looking good.
Thanks a lot. As long as I don't rush too much I do okay.
Table area grinder storage you will like. I hate changing from grinder wheel to abrasive wheel to cut off wheel to flap sand discs so I have 3 or 4 grinders always set up. They take up a fair amount of work area.
I've been using three grinders lately and it's just about right, but I could always use one more. I always find it difficult to spend time building stuff for the shop when I always have another project in the works.

/ Compact Tractor Grapple Build #24  
IMG_1928.JPG

IMG_1929.JPG

Detail how EA does their pins.

/ Compact Tractor Grapple Build #26  
View attachment 707716
Spring for hydraulic line slack. Danuser Intimdator uses one too. Helps keep the lines from hooking on the ssqa levers and dragging the ground.

I really like that vertical spring idea. Seems like a better way to go compared with my horizontal ones.

gg

/ Compact Tractor Grapple Build #27  
Yep, the vertical spring does it's job on the Tilt-Tach with the land plane:

P8290007.JPG
P8290011.JPG

/ Compact Tractor Grapple Build #28  
https://www.(Temporarily blocked du...re)/Tractor-hose-reroute-kit-p/hose-saver.htm

I think the OP can make one better.

/ Compact Tractor Grapple Build
I like that spring idea as well. Right now mine are just hanging, but I planned on drilling and tapping a bracket in as soon as it got some use and figured out what the pinch points were or where they needed to be.

I was able to get some time in this weekend and finish painting the grapple. Epoxy primer and gloss acrylic enamel to finish, I couldn't find a low sheen finish that shipped quick enough. I hooked it up to test out but I wanted to give the paint a couple of days to dry before I put it to work. I'll snap some more pics of the setup once I start using it. I also decided to add some bars in the center to hopefully avoid a direct hit to the grill from a stick. The hoses are 1/4" which help with slowing the speed of the top lid from slamming shut.

20210730_154130.jpg

20210730_154104.jpg

20210730_154126.jpg

20210731_115610.jpg

20210731_115620.jpg

/ Compact Tractor Grapple Build #30  
Looking Good.JPG