Conoco vs Rotella Oil

/ Conoco vs Rotella Oil #31  
Your local TSC typically runs lots of promos.
Stock up on your favorite brand when it does.
Save the headache of rebates for a 5 dollah savings.
PS: do you have an ag sales exempt card? Is it available in your area?
The sales tax saved alone is a bargain as well.

/ Conoco vs Rotella Oil #32  
Same as some others are saying, I switched to T6 5w40 for nearly everything. With the exception of my old Ford 850 which gets Rotella 15-40, all other gas and diesels (large and small) get T6 synthetic. It's nice to have a single oil on the shelf and easier winter starts.

/ Conoco vs Rotella Oil #33  
I didn't know Branson tractors have Cummins in them.
hugs, Brandi
I didn't either till I was looking at the 6530 and saw the Cummins big blue C on the side of the engine cowl. Conversation with the seller revealed it had the Cummins B 3.3 NA naturally aspired, Tier 3, 4 cylinder directed injected Cummins licensed by Komatsu of Japan heavy equipment then. Since, Kukje has obtained the Cummins production license and my 2400 A 1100 N, 3 cylinder swirl chamber, non Tier rated being 24 hp, is Kukje built under the Cummins license.

/ Conoco vs Rotella Oil #34  
Same as some others are saying, I switched to T6 5w40 for nearly everything. With the exception of my old Ford 850 which gets Rotella 15-40, all other gas and diesels (large and small) get T6 synthetic. It's nice to have a single oil on the shelf and easier winter starts.
Your way to nice to that old girl. I have a 1957 851. It gets t6 5w40 after its been in my honda accord for a few thousand miles....granted the old ford hasnt had its drain plug out in many years. Its a add only type tractor.

/ Conoco vs Rotella Oil #35  
Your way to nice to that old girl. I have a 1957 851. It gets t6 5w40 after its been in my honda accord for a few thousand miles....granted the old ford hasnt had its drain plug out in many years. Its a add only type tractor.

I agree she is spoiled. Lived a nice long life, and I've given her some better care since I got her about 15 years ago. She worked hard for me for several years and then I got a DX55, so she (850) got to retire. Used mostly for pulling harrows or a carryall now, or sometimes just a casual ride around the property to hear her purr. Last year she got a new radiator and wiring harness, bringing her original 6v headlights, work light, and dash light back to life. She's nothing pretty, being violated decades ago with a Ford blue paint job. She gets to sleep in the barn and hasn't seen harsh weather in 10 years. She likes that Rotella 15w40, nice and smooth. She's like a favorite old dog, treated special and getting to rule the house after being a loyal watch dog and companion for many years. I have one of those too. ;)

/ Conoco vs Rotella Oil #36  

curious what engine oil grade your Honda calls for on the oil filler cap.

/ Conoco vs Rotella Oil #37  
   / Conoco vs Rotella Oil #38  
So to ask the oil guys, would an engine with oil rated 0-20 be be oil starved w/ T6 and possibly void warranty?
like many users here, i use T6 in about everything 4 stroke from tractor to small engines.
recently purchased '06 CRV that calls for 5-20. Think i'll stick with that. just asking

/ Conoco vs Rotella Oil #39  
I own a 09 accord. 2.4l. A buddy use to work at honda. He said use 5w30 the oil is to thin. I still use t6 5w40 in my accord.

/ Conoco vs Rotella Oil #40  
I own a 09 accord. 2.4l. A buddy use to work at honda. He said use 5w30 the oil is to thin. I still use t6 5w40 in my accord.

that could well be since manufactures may rate their recommended oils for max mpg rather than engine longevity. i don't know. tighter engine tolerances i guess also come into play