Cool Nature Photos

/ Cool Nature Photos #801  
Your "falls" pictures are spectacular - snymat68. Where in the world did they ever come up with those names?? You have no idea how far I have to travel around here to see that much flowing water. 45 miles North will put me at the Colombia River - 65 miles South will bring me to the Palouse Falls. A whole lot of dry land in between...........

/ Cool Nature Photos
Man, gorgeous pix! I stole your cucumber falls pic for my new background on my laptop I'm using here now.

Thanks. Nice!

Stunning pictures. I need to bust out my camera more often. Thanks for posting!

Thanks. No problem.

Your "falls" pictures are spectacular - snymat68. Where in the world did they ever come up with those names?? You have no idea how far I have to travel around here to see that much flowing water. 45 miles North will put me at the Colombia River - 65 miles South will bring me to the Palouse Falls. A whole lot of dry land in between...........

Thanks. Not sure about the names. PA has TONS of waterfalls. Most of them are on the eastern end of the state though. If you're ever in NE PA in the Summer months and want to see a bunch of awesome falls all in one place, check out Rickett's Glen State Park. Specifically the Falls Loop Trail. There are 22 waterfalls, the tallest of which is 94ft high. You can hike the loop in an afternoon.

/ Cool Nature Photos #803  
How about creepy nature?

I have the bottom third or so of a 55 gallon blue plastic barrel embedded in the ground next to a 100+ gallon black poly preformed pond with goldfish. When the pump is running, water flows into one side of the barrel and out the other as a water feature. I shut the pump off sometimes for a few days to let things settle to the bottom.

Looked at it this morning and found an island of ants. Probably 3" in diameter and an inch or more above the surface. Some kind of reddish-brown ant a quarter inch or so long. Must be several thousand of them in this mound.

664201d1595594970-cool-nature-photos-antisland-jpg

The fish will eat nearly anything I put in with them including tadpoles and mosquito larvae. I'm thinking about scooping some of these in and seeing what happens. But I know some ants have toxins and I don't want to harm the fish.

Attachments

• AntIsland.jpg
    AntIsland.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 145
   / Cool Nature Photos #804  
Sandhill cranes outside my window.
IMG_20200724_110326.jpg MVIMG_20200724_110403.jpg

And here's japanese beetles having an orgy on my grape leaves.
IMG_20200724_192301.jpg

/ Cool Nature Photos #806  
Very cool Dennis. My wife is gonna love that website!!!

/ Cool Nature Photos #807  
Very cool Dennis. My wife is gonna love that website!!!

We need some cool videos from Missouri, Texas, Oklahoma and Arkansas on there. Makes you glad you live where you live, doesn't it!

/ Cool Nature Photos #808  
We need some cool videos from Missouri, Texas, Oklahoma and Arkansas on there. Makes you glad you live where you live, doesn't it!

I watched 4 or 5. Yes. I can't live like that..... Course they'd probably be bored living where I do. My entertainment this time of year out the window is our Purple Martins trying to get the chicks out of the nests. :)

/ Cool Nature Photos #810  
I watched 4 or 5. Yes. I can't live like that..... Course they'd probably be bored living where I do. My entertainment this time of year out the window is our Purple Martins trying to get the chicks out of the nests. :)

Some was nice, like bavaria in germany, whoever that is has a nice view. All the big city stuff, no thank you.