Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #191  
It's certainly sheet-like. Snow's not a concern. The family that owned this property had some oddities to it (I won't cover the killing of one brother by the other brother- in front of their mother), but I could almost imagine someone burying something meaningful. Although the family was responsible for the automotive bits (overflow of an illegal wrecking yard; fortunately only a little bit dribbled on to what is now my property) the garbage is likely pretty much from renters: an older friend of mine once told me that he had a friend that would advise him to bring any garbage out when he came to visit- folks gave little thought about burying garbage out in the country).

Much of the area was no place anyone could readily get to (brush, extremely tall grass, and very wet). It's why I think it was an intentional act. If it was something that fell from the sky I'm thinking that it would have gotten UV-deteriorated before being engulfed in/under the earth.

Just going to have to wait to find out. Stay tuned!

Orange plastic sheeting is just so unusual. Weird.

All the best,

Peter

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #192  
A horror story on a piece of property we passed on, was an elongated narrow hillside property. They did the open house, but we left the tour and walked around on our own up the hill. No one else on the tour did this. It was used as a gardening plant nursery. I mean you have to look at ALL the property, not just what they want to show you. Way up on the hill, the owners had carved out a series of cuts, and filled those cuts with trash and all the chemicals they didn't use. Most had been buried over, but a few were still open, filled with half empty canisters of every nasty thing you could imagine that you would not want in your ground water. I could not even comprehend this, it just baffled me, and it still baffles me that someone would have bought this property, cause it did get sold.

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #193  
A horror story on a piece of property we passed on, was an elongated narrow hillside property. They did the open house, but we left the tour and walked around on our own up the hill. No one else on the tour did this. It was used as a gardening plant nursery. I mean you have to look at ALL the property, not just what they want to show you. Way up on the hill, the owners had carved out a series of cuts, and filled those cuts with trash and all the chemicals they didn't use. Most had been buried over, but a few were still open, filled with half empty canisters of every nasty thing you could imagine that you would not want in your ground water. I could not even comprehend this, it just baffled me, and it still baffles me that someone would have bought this property, cause it did get sold.
They didn't know. As you said, nobody else walked the property.

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #194  
"They didn't know. As you said, nobody else walked the property." I told the realtor we were working with, to not suggest any thing like this again. She then re-walked it, up the hill, and then instantly de-listed it on her offerings. She wanted no part of it either. :)

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #195  
you tell me, i personally don’t know, i thought it was a pickup although I also did find it looks like a Ranchero. I did tried to find out but all the badge are missing and these are too old for me to tell.
I just remember the Ranchero and the Chevy El Camino’s in the mid 70s. A car front end and interior with a shallow bed at the rear. Did any other manufacturers make something similar?

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #196  
Probably a 65ish Ford Ranchero.

Googly up some pictures of the left side and you'll see that gas cap in the stripe.

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #197  
I just remember the Ranchero and the Chevy El Camino’s in the mid 70s. A car front end and interior with a shallow bed at the rear. Did any other manufacturers make something similar?
Yeah, Holden, Ford, Toyota and a few more... it's what we call a Ute. (short for Utility)

Nowadays, 'Ute' refers to all small/mid-size "pick-up" vehicles. I drive a V6 Toyota HILUX SR5 Ute.

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #198  
ho ya I always loved the El Camino the mullet of the car. lol... business in the front and party on the back ... to be honest its the first time I even hear about the Ranchero so I though the El Camino was the only in his type ... it should make a come back

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #199  
Yeah, Holden, Ford, Toyota and a few more... it's what we call a Ute. (short for Utility)

Nowadays, 'Ute' refers to all small/mid-size "pick-up" vehicles. I drive a V6 Toyota HILUX SR5 Ute.
The only one ever available here was the Ford Ranchero.