Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #211  
Did he mention Chevrolet in the comment I replied to?

Wagtail said:
''Yeah, Holden, Ford, Toyota and a few more... it's what we call a Ute. (short for Utility)''

no, be he said a few more, and you said the ford Ranchero was the only one ... and just want to say my question was legitim I knew there was El camino in the US but didn't know if they got imported from other countries or sold in the US.

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #212  
Around here, any gun you'd find in the river was most likely used in a crime. ;)
When I bought my current home, 12 years ago we did a complete painting. I was pulling some shelving down from the upper part of a entrance foyer closet and doink down falls a .25 cal SNS and handful of cartridges.
Called the previous owner and he showed up a few hours later. We got to talking and he told me that he kept it in the hall closet in case someone showed up at the front door he wasnt familiar with.
Not used in a crime or murder, but not found in a river.

We just had a huge flood in September that took out dozens of homes. One was my insurance agents home.
A few guns were found in the river Afterwards

Last edited:
   / Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #213  
Wagtail said:
''Yeah, Holden, Ford, Toyota and a few more... it's what we call a Ute. (short for Utility)''

no, be he said a few more, and you said the ford Ranchero was the only one ... and just want to say my question was legitim I knew there was El camino in the US but didn't know if they got imported from other countries or sold in the US.

JethroB said:
I just remember the Ranchero and the Chevy El Camino’s in the mid 70s. A car front end and interior with a shallow bed at the rear. Did any other manufacturers make something similar?
Yeah, Holden, Ford, Toyota and a few more... it's what we call a Ute. (short for Utility)

I thought it was pretty obvious.
Apparently I was mistaken.

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #214  
When I bought my current home, 12 years ago we did a complete painting. I was pulling some shelving down from the upper part of a entrance foyer closet and doink down falls a .25 cal SNS and handful of cartridges.
Called the previous owner and he showed up a few hours later. We got to talking and he told me that he kept it in the hall closet in case someone showed up at the front door he wasnt familiar with.
Not used in a crime or murder, but not found in a river.

We just had a huge flood in September that took out dozens of homes. One was my insurance agents home.
A few guns were found in the river Afterwards
I still can't understand how someone could forget where their gun is. :oops:

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #215  
Lol. Maybe I've been watching too much TV. I do live near Detroit, so...

I agree with Moss though... guns are durable, valuable and useful. There's zero reason to throw one in a river unless you didn't want it to be found after doing.... something.

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #216  
Here's a picture of my recent [incomplete-TBD] discovery. For reference, the dog is about 95 lbs. There was very little plastic showing initially. What appears now is from tugging it up out of the ground (before I ripped out as much as I could). Again, there's still plastic down below, under a medium-sized tree root (tree just out of frame to the left). Low probability that this was something that was swallowed up by the earth: plastic was still pretty pliable- if it had been initially laying on the surface it likely would show signs of being broken down by UV (not that the suns shines a lot here, but still). At one time there was 9'+ tall grass and brush here: I've been cleaning/mowing for about 10 years now (and never saw any indication of this before recently). When you're out in the woods/brush and chuck something out I'm not thinking that one would usually wrap things up and bury: other buried crap I've found, around the house area, wasn't wrapped. Maybe some 700' away from the house. Leaving this as a cliff-hanger (not sure in what future "season"/"episode" I'll dig up the mystery):p I'd also not want to discover any bones! (there's a song with the appropriate title: "Let The Mystery Be")

BuriedTreasure.jpg

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #217  
I still can't understand how someone could forget where their gun is. :oops:
I don't either. Perhaps because I can't remember where one of mine is! o_O Actually, I have a .22 pistol that I'd broken down and stuffed the cylinder somewhere where I'm not sure where it's at now. No worries about someone committing a crime with either piece of this gun! (if I cannot readily locate either piece -yes, I'm unsure where either piece is [I think I know where the frame is; not a high priority to locate]- then no one else is going to be able to either)

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #218  
Here's a picture of my recent [incomplete-TBD] discovery. For reference, the dog is about 95 lbs. There was very little plastic showing initially. What appears now is from tugging it up out of the ground (before I ripped out as much as I could). Again, there's still plastic down below, under a medium-sized tree root (tree just out of frame to the left). Low probability that this was something that was swallowed up by the earth: plastic was still pretty pliable- if it had been initially laying on the surface it likely would show signs of being broken down by UV (not that the suns shines a lot here, but still). At one time there was 9'+ tall grass and brush here: I've been cleaning/mowing for about 10 years now (and never saw any indication of this before recently). When you're out in the woods/brush and chuck something out I'm not thinking that one would usually wrap things up and bury: other buried crap I've found, around the house area, wasn't wrapped. Maybe some 700' away from the house. Leaving this as a cliff-hanger (not sure in what future "season"/"episode" I'll dig up the mystery):p I'd also not want to discover any bones! (there's a song with the appropriate title: "Let The Mystery Be")

View attachment 740456
The dog looks guilty.

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #219  
The dog looks guilty.
She does that with anything that she thinks she's found (and actually found). It's kind of a: "Well, are YOU going to do something about this?"

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #220  

View attachment 740456
Beautiful dog!