Cordless impact to crank trailer jacks

/ Cordless impact to crank trailer jacks #41  
I don't know the long term effects of using an impact so I'm going back to using a drill. Works fine for me.

/ Cordless impact to crank trailer jacks #42  
Stop being lazy and just crank it............:laughing:

/ Cordless impact to crank trailer jacks
Seems like a low speed 1/2 inch cordless drill would be the best.

/ Cordless impact to crank trailer jacks #44  
Seems like a low speed 1/2 inch cordless drill would be the best.

Being that the retail kits use what looks like a starter motor and gearbox to run the jacks, I think you are dreaming that a low buck cordless drill will do the job. :2cents:

/ Cordless impact to crank trailer jacks #45  
Any camper electric jacks I’ve used are slower than molasses. I’d rather have to take over by hand and use the drill to quickly get the legs up and down vs having a gearing slow enough to get the job done.

Being that the retail kits use what looks like a starter motor and gearbox to run the jacks, I think you are dreaming that a low buck cordless drill will do the job. :2cents:

I didnt say low buck
I said low speed

/ Cordless impact to crank trailer jacks #47  
If the regular 1/2” drill proves inadequate this should get the job done. IMG_9107.JPG

/ Cordless impact to crank trailer jacks #48  
Not on an RV but I use a Milwaukee M18 brushless for all of my trailers including cranking my boat on. I just welded a 3/4" nut on each of the crank shafts. On low it's about 3x faster than manual. Seems like my impact would be hard on the roll pins on my trailer jacks gears.

/ Cordless impact to crank trailer jacks #49  
Were they 4-5 ah batteries or some of the little ones that come with drills? They豎*e made to go on other high load tools like a grinder and circular saw so high load in a drill for 30 seconds shouldn遞 hurt it.

The drill itself is a Bosch Brute and the batteries are 2.4 amp-hrs @18v. Bulky and heavy, so a bigger capacity might be a little unwieldy in a drill. The batteries still work for normal torque but don't last as long between charges since I fried them.

Not on an RV but I use a Milwaukee M18 brushless for all of my trailers including cranking my boat on. I just welded a 3/4" nut on each of the crank shafts. On low it's about 3x faster than manual. Seems like my impact would be hard on the roll pins on my trailer jacks gears.

Agree. An impact would have gobs of power, but the hammering may not be safe long term.