Cost of pallet forks

/ Cost of pallet forks #11  
Agree SSQA is the only way to go. If you are not set up for that with your bucket already I suggest you consider making the change. It is the first thing I did when I got my NH. I had the NH dealer in Winchester do it and at first I said damn that's a lot of money but I bit the bullet and in retrospect it was the only way to go. Within 3-5 minutes of starting my tractor I can change between my bucket, snow plow or forks.
For 5 gallon buckets you could could just pick up a lift platform for the 3pt hitch temporarily.
Good luck with whatever you decide

/ Cost of pallet forks #12  
I gotta agree with the above. My first Kubota had a set of "Pallet" forks. They worked really well....but...as mentioned above....were a PITA to pin on. But you really need a SSQA to make it worthwhile.

Cheers,
Mike

Attachments

• 039.JPG
    039.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 128
   / Cost of pallet forks #13  
I've been looking for some SSQA forks, 42" is ideal for me, capacity not an issue since I can only lift 1600 lb or so... hoped to find used ones, but in some years of casually looking I haven't seen any at reasonable prices. Seems like a new set, at around $600 will be the answer. I wouldn't mess with bolt on forks- or pin on for that matter. SSQA is the way to go. But if that's not an option, a three point platform, as already mentioned, might be the best solution for you...

/ Cost of pallet forks #14  
What's the price of pallet forks to place on FEL lift arms/frame in place of bucket?

Trying to decide on bolt on vs. buying pallet forks for new tractor.

Gotta use something else to eliminate muscling 5 gallon containers for refueling the diesel generator. Went through muscling 7 of them yesterday 3 times. Ran out of diesel fuel. Muscled 5 to refuel. Then bought 2 more and man handled those 7 into and out of the truck to refuel at station and then out of truck to finish refueling the generator and then into FEL of tractor to put in carriage house.

Thinking of placing on a pallet with sides and use grounding strap when refueling with containers left on the pallet at station.
A full up SSQA set of pallet forks seems like a waste of money if all you are going to use them for is moving 35 gallons of fuel for a diesel generator every time we get a 12" snowfall.
If I needed to move 35 gallons of fuel I'd get the least expensive set of clamp on forks and be done with it.
Oh wait, I did.

I bought the Titan clamp ons for ~$100 years ago, and use them VERY occasionally.

If the station lets you refuel with the containers in the truck why don't you just load them in your FEL when you unload?

/edit = those clamp ons are now up to $160 to $280!

/ Cost of pallet forks #15  
I use pallet forks more than a bucket. Everything heavy or awkward I have ends up on a pallet. I haven't bothered putting hooks on my L4060 bucket. Easier to toss on the forks & hook chains to many of the flat bars. The extra reach of the forks & a hole in the end of the forks makes it a lot better access when picking stuff.

I got cheap Titan SSQA forks for my old L3200. They didn't fit quite right. Titan gave me a few bucks to weld on a fix (or they would have replaced the frame). Those forks sold with the old tractor. So I replaced them with another set of Titan forks for my L4060. Id do it again if I needed another set.

I'd get forks rated for about 20-40% more than your loader capacity. Less is a weak point. More capacity means needlessly heavy.

/ Cost of pallet forks
A full up SSQA set of pallet forks seems like a waste of money if all you are going to use them for is moving 35 gallons of fuel for a diesel generator every time we get a 12" snowfall.
If I needed to move 35 gallons of fuel I'd get the least expensive set of clamp on forks and be done with it.
Oh wait, I did.

I bought the Titan clamp ons for ~$100 years ago, and use them VERY occasionally.

If the station lets you refuel with the containers in the truck why don't you just load them in your FEL when you unload?

/edit = those clamp ons are now up to $160 to $280!
Good idea. Plan to get the cyclone fence gate that surrounds the generator to the NW corner of the generator. Then would only need to slide them into the loader, wheel over next to gen and put the battery powered fuel transfer gizmo into each one in turn.

Can put clamps onto the ends of a flexible wire to serve as ground straps for each while filling.

/ Cost of pallet forks #17  
I lucked out. After I retired I remembered that we had taken a set of 42” forks off a tow motor and replaced them with 48” forks years ago. I called the guy and asked if they were still sitting in the same spot against the wall. He said “yep, you want them?” And of course, you know the answer. At the time the titan carrier was just a little over $200. Ordered the carrier, picked up the forks and done deal. They went on my JD 4720. They are heavy, (at least 75lbs each and maybe 100) but the 4720 has more lift capacity than some and they work great for me.

When we bought the longer forks, the tow motor ( or lift truck, if you prefer ) shop had several sets of used ones. That could be an option for you. At the time, titan forks were on back order but the carrier was not. It was a win, win for me.

/ Cost of pallet forks #18  
I lucked out. After I retired I remembered that we had taken a set of 42” forks off a tow motor and replaced them with 48” forks years ago. I called the guy and asked if they were still sitting in the same spot against the wall. He said “yep, you want them?” And of course, you know the answer. At the time the titan carrier was just a little over $200. Ordered the carrier, picked up the forks and done deal. They went on my JD 4720. They are heavy, (at least 75lbs each and maybe 100) but the 4720 has more lift capacity than some and they work great for me.

When we bought the longer forks, the tow motor ( or lift truck, if you prefer ) shop had several sets of used ones. That could be an option for you. At the time, titan forks were on back order but the carrier was not. It was a win, win for me.

There’s really no standard for fork carrier size so be careful with that approach. Also you lucked out getting them free. Usually people ask stupid money for forks.

/ Cost of pallet forks #19  
Curios to where people are finding $600 less SSQA forks? Most I have been finding are in the 900-1200 range for 48" or larger. I also find that there is a lot of places that advertise, but do not have them in stock.

/ Cost of pallet forks #20  
I bought Titan pallet forks a few months ago for a Deere loader...very happy with the quality. I bought the Deere QA since I've no interest in buying a skid steer adapter
Boy! Have they gone up in price!!!