craftsman tools lifetime warranty

/ craftsman tools lifetime warranty #61  
If you look closely somewhere along the line the handle broke and has been (what looks like) brazed back together. The thing weighs a good 20 lbs or more.
B&W drill.jpg

/ craftsman tools lifetime warranty #62  
If you look closely somewhere along the line the handle broke and has been (what looks like) brazed back together. The thing weighs a good 20 lbs or more.
View attachment 526541

I have a similar B&D drill motor that says 250 RPM...also have the portable press that the motor will clamp into...

/ craftsman tools lifetime warranty #63  
At 375 it's slow, lots of momentum, and when catches it's extremely hard to stop. At 250 you would need to be a 'real' man to hang onto it if the bit catches.

/ craftsman tools lifetime warranty #64  
Sadly, I've been reduced to buying craftsman tools at the flea market where You can still find fifty to sixty year tools that were well made. I've come across ratchets, sockets, and wrenches that were well taken care by of someone who has probably passed on. It,s better to rebuild an old tool than trade it in on a Chinese replacement. Hence, my reason for
being on this site. Rebuilding equipment seems to be a lost art in most of the world today.

/ craftsman tools lifetime warranty #65  
Sears Canada won't take it back. People that opted for the monthly payment plan on the extended warranties have to continue paying for it even though Sears said they will not repair anything. 12'000 employees out of work, some with 45 years and screwed out of their pension and severance, people already on pension are getting cuts. The courts granted $2.7 million to be divided among 36 upper crust for staying with the company to close it down over the next couple months. No Christmas wish book this year.

/ craftsman tools lifetime warranty #66  
Simply, Edward Lampert is what happened to this iconic brand and everything associated with Sears. A hedge fund manager took over a failing retail giant and proceeded to run it into the ground. Not all retail brick and mortar have been crushed by Amazon. This story could have had a different ending.

Kevin

/ craftsman tools lifetime warranty #68  
Simply, Edward Lampert is what happened to this iconic brand and everything associated with Sears. A hedge fund manager took over a failing retail giant and proceeded to run it into the ground. Not all retail brick and mortar have been crushed by Amazon. This story could have had a different ending.

I don't think so. Sears' problems began long before Lampert. When was it, 30-odd years ago that they decided to re-image themselves as more female-friendly (discover the softer side of Sears) and downplay their strengths (Craftsman, Kenmore)? Backfired big time...men didn't want to go to a womens' clothing store, and women didn't want to buy their clothes from a chain known for tires, lawnmowers and power tools.
By the time Lampert took over, it was more a case of when, not if it was going feet up. A shame, they were the Amazon of their day, but their eye was taken off the ball long ago.

/ craftsman tools lifetime warranty #69  
don't think so. Sears' problems began long before Lampert. When was it, 30-odd years ago that they decided to re-image themselves as more female-friendly (discover the softer side of Sears) and downplay their strengths (Craftsman, KenmorI e)? Backfired big time...men didn't want to go to a womens' clothing store, and women didn't want to buy their clothes from a chain known for tires, lawnmowers and power tools.
By the time Lampert took over, it was more a case of when, not if it was going feet up. A shame, they were the Amazon of their day, but their eye was taken off the ball long ago.

You are so right about Sears losing sight of their customer base, so long ago. Same thing happened to Montgomery Ward... they lost sight of their business base. At one time Sears & Roebuck were THE STORE, that is until they decided to cut their staff and cut wages. The effects showed up in lost customers, and has continued that trend now for years, until the final demise recently.

Longevity doesn't seem to matter much these days. Home Depot went into business in 1978; Lowe's in 1946. Amazon in 1994. Sears started up in 1886!!! What a shame... over 130 years in business and they forgot what brought them this far. Or - maybe there's another message in those numbers? What do you think?

/ craftsman tools lifetime warranty #70  
I get almost daily emails from Sears... mostly advertising and Craftsman Club.

About a year ago I went to Sears with my Craftsman Club Card and printed ad... they could not find me but the manager did let me have for the advertised price.

Sears sent me a new credit card and and I called in to activate... spoke to a person... the next day I went to buy appliances for a rental the card was not valid... wanted to apply for a new one... said why would I do that?