craftsman tools lifetime warranty

/ craftsman tools lifetime warranty #71  
If you look closely somewhere along the line the handle broke and has been (what looks like) brazed back together. The thing weighs a good 20 lbs or more.
View attachment 526541

Thanks Al. That's certainly a beast.

I just weighed my 1/2", 14lbs 12oz.

Mine is 3.5amp versus your 7.5amp. Mine is 400rpm versus your 350rpm.

Mine has a piece of 3/4" pipe screwed in the case opposite the switch handle. It's bent.

I believe either would hurt you bad if not paying attention.

/ craftsman tools lifetime warranty #72  
I don't think so. Sears' problems began long before Lampert. When was it, 30-odd years ago that they decided to re-image themselves as more female-friendly (discover the softer side of Sears) and downplay their strengths (Craftsman, Kenmore)? Backfired big time...men didn't want to go to a womens' clothing store, and women didn't want to buy their clothes from a chain known for tires, lawnmowers and power tools..

Strange thing is people flock to Walmart. Maybe Sears should have added groceries :D

/ craftsman tools lifetime warranty #73  
Strange thing is people flock to Walmart. Maybe Sears should have added groceries :D

I've got a friend who, along with his wife, go to Wal-Mart as a Social Event. He can tell you where every product is located and which are on sale. They may spend 2-3 hours in Wal-Mart pushing a cart around, because you never know when you might find something, and not buy anything........

I respect Wal-Mart as a business but absolutely hate going there. When I walk in the door I am after a specific item and usually am out of the store in 10 minutes or less. Only longer if I can't find it.

/ craftsman tools lifetime warranty #74  
That's not saying much for USA made tools, that was the only reason why I bought Craftsman tools, that and the last set I bought 4 years ago finally had big easy to read numbers on the sockets, if they didn't I would've bought the Chinese made tool set at Walmart with the easy to read BIG NUMBERS....

4 years ago 90% of the craftsman tools were made in china or mexico. So if you paid more for American made you got ripped off and should have just went to Harbor freight.

/ craftsman tools lifetime warranty #75  
4 years ago 90% of the craftsman tools were made in china or mexico. So if you paid more for American made you got ripped off and should have just went to Harbor freight.

They were listing “made in USA” on some lines the last time I bought a set.

/ craftsman tools lifetime warranty #76  
...I respect Wal-Mart as a business but absolutely hate going there. When I walk in the door I am after a specific item and usually am out of the store in 10 minutes or less. Only longer if I can't find it.
IMO they deserve no respect....the worst part is trying to find a cart that does not either go CLUNK,CLUNK,CLUNK.... or constantly try to steer you around a corner...the entry foyer floors are so (intentionally) rough you have to push them into the actual store to get them on a smooth floor to see if they roll OK...

Also about half the times I go to W-M when checking out there is a bag left from a previous customer that got left behind...their system is really poor for such a large B&M retailer IMO...

/ craftsman tools lifetime warranty #77  
I have had a hard time finding Made In USA on anything in sears for a long time now.

Not 100% sure on this but a friend of mine actually claimed that they were sued because some of their tools were coming from over seas and still had USA forged or stamped on them. This is exactly what had me looking much closer when I was in the store.

/ craftsman tools lifetime warranty #78  
Sears main competition in the sixties and earlier was Montgomery Ward. They went belly up probably forty years ago.

JC Penney had a tool line back then too. Penney’s will probably disappear in a couple of years too.

I don’t understand completely the nostalgia for these old companies. There are dozens of replacements that weren’t around in the hay day of Sears, and the selection of tools and tool retailers is better now than anytime in the past.

Change is constant and inevitable.

/ craftsman tools lifetime warranty #79  
Sears main competition in the sixties and earlier was Montgomery Ward. They went belly up probably forty years ago.

JC Penney had a tool line back then too. Penney痴 will probably disappear in a couple of years too.

I don稚 understand completely the nostalgia for these old companies. There are dozens of replacements that weren稚 around in the hay day of Sears, and the selection of tools and tool retailers is better now than anytime in the past.

Change is constant and inevitable.
For a lot of folks back in the day... The Sears Catalog was a major source of entertainment (among a few other utilization's)

/ craftsman tools lifetime warranty #80  
Nostalgia is part of the human condition... why the interest in antique and classic cars?

When it is all said and done the only thing that cannot be taken away from you is your memories.

It was a big deal going to Sears with Dad... not just going but to see aisle after aisle of merchandise... especially around Christmas.

We came to know a few refugee families... they knew they had made it simply from America's Grocery Stores and Shopping Malls stocked to overflow... it is what struck them the most and how everyone had a car.

Online is highly dependent on supply logistics... also it can be a leap of faith since you are buying sight unseen at least not holding and trying...

The SF UPS distribution center was closed one day to workplace violence... we had critical medical supplies that never made it in time... human tissue packrd in ice and lifesaving drugs...

I find it a scary thought to be so dependent on far off distribution and the Internet for procurement.

What I believe many here are expressing is how did Sears get it wrong when they were the undisputed King of retail for so long and had he best distribution in the country... maybe a lesson or two can be learned?

I'm sure some can be attributed to demographic shifts... the Bay Area was a hub of manufacturing and those workers needed work clothes, boots and tools... now not so much with most of the big plants and defense long shuttered...

Above every store entrance were the words Satisfaction Guaranteed... not anymore.