Craigslist tractor scam again.

/ Craigslist tractor scam again. #1  

Mousefield

Elite Member
Qualicum Beach on Vancouver Island, BC. Canada
Tractor
Sold 2008 CK35 HST
$3500 - 2006 Kubota BX24 - Ldr/Backhoe 34 HOURS! Showroom Condition

Just saw this on Craigslist. Has four pics of a nice looking tractor. Of course the phone number are all the same digits so not real. :confused2:

/ Craigslist tractor scam again. #2  
Here's one from our local listing on CL-

2005 Kubota 4WD Tractor L3400DT-F - $2960

You click on it and you get the "page not found" message.

Do these idiots not have anything else to do?:mad:

/ Craigslist tractor scam again. #3  
Yup, saw the BX 24 one in my neck of the woods. Decided to send an e-mail. Just cus'. :)

These people are getting very creative with their scams. Almost would have beleaved it had I not been expecting it. There are key pieces to note in this, 1st is e-Bay and craigslist are not related, any one that claims that e-bay will hold the money for you until you approve it, is full of it. But it sure do sound convincing, don't it! LOL :)

For your reading pleasure,

"Hello, my name is Daria Mills,

Thank you for your interest in my 2006 Kubota BX24 - Ldr/Backhoe 34 HOURS! 34h, 4WD, 3 cyl. diesel engine, hydrostatic transmission, 24HP, is in absolutely perfect condition.The price including the shipping is only $3,500.00.
I ask a little for this great Kubota since I am passing through a divorce with my husband and I need to get rid of it fast. I want to sell it at this low price because I want to buy a new house in NY and I don't have all the money for it and I decided to sell this vehicle and more stuff at very low price. I hate to sell it at this price but I REALLY need the money from this tractor.

Thanks
"

Response...

"Daria,

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. However when I went to look at the pictures again for your ad posted on Craigslist I noted that they have flagged it for removal. This immediately makes me suspicious. I am interested in your tractor but at this point I would need 2 things. A photograph of the serial number plate with the serial number clearly visible to validate ownership as well as where I can view the item. Since your ad said you are in Delaware county that is not far from me in N Philly, I would like to see the tractor in person. Can we arrange to see it in person before I even consider making you an offer?

Regards,
"

Her response ...

"The tractor is sent to DAS and they will handle the shipping for me. Serial #52080
I will not ask for money from you because you haven't seen / test the tractor yet. Here is how we can do this. My suggestion is eBay for the transaction. The financial part will be managed by them. The only thing I request from you is to make the payment to eBay ($3,500) but no money will reach my account until the tractor is inspected. No offense, but I need to be sure the person who receives the tractor is verified by a legitimate party.
Look how this works:

1. I will contact eBay and give all the info about this deal.

2. They will email us the forms which are needed for our deal.

3. I will send the tractor to your location and you will send the money at eBay.

4. After you will inspect the tractor and decide to keep it, eBay will forward the funds.

If the tractor is not suitable for you from any reason, your money will be fully refundable and I will take the tractor back on my cost. I'm sure it won't be the case because it's a state of art looking and working machine. Anyway, you will have 15 days from the time you receive the tractor to inspect it and decide if you want to keep it or not.

If you wish to purchase it please provide me your full name, shipping address and phone # so I can initiate the deal through eBay.
Also, let me know if there's something else you need to know.

Regards,
"

The keys to knowing this is a scam are all in the e-Bay part.

/ Craigslist tractor scam again. #4  
Yup, saw the BX 24 one in my neck of the woods. Decided to send an e-mail. Just cus'. :)

These people are getting very creative with their scams. Almost would have beleaved it had I not been expecting it. There are key pieces to note in this, 1st is e-Bay and craigslist are not related, any one that claims that e-bay will hold the money for you until you approve it, is full of it. But it sure do sound convincing, don't it! LOL :)

For your reading pleasure,

"Hello, my name is Daria Mills,

Thank you for your interest in my 2006 Kubota BX24 - Ldr/Backhoe 34 HOURS! 34h, 4WD, 3 cyl. diesel engine, hydrostatic transmission, 24HP, is in absolutely perfect condition.The price including the shipping is only $3,500.00.
I ask a little for this great Kubota since I am passing through a divorce with my husband and I need to get rid of it fast. I want to sell it at this low price because I want to buy a new house in NY and I don't have all the money for it and I decided to sell this vehicle and more stuff at very low price. I hate to sell it at this price but I REALLY need the money from this tractor.

Thanks
"

Response...

"Daria,

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. However when I went to look at the pictures again for your ad posted on Craigslist I noted that they have flagged it for removal. This immediately makes me suspicious. I am interested in your tractor but at this point I would need 2 things. A photograph of the serial number plate with the serial number clearly visible to validate ownership as well as where I can view the item. Since your ad said you are in Delaware county that is not far from me in N Philly, I would like to see the tractor in person. Can we arrange to see it in person before I even consider making you an offer?

Regards,
"

Her response ...

"The tractor is sent to DAS and they will handle the shipping for me. Serial #52080
I will not ask for money from you because you haven't seen / test the tractor yet. Here is how we can do this. My suggestion is eBay for the transaction. The financial part will be managed by them. The only thing I request from you is to make the payment to eBay ($3,500) but no money will reach my account until the tractor is inspected. No offense, but I need to be sure the person who receives the tractor is verified by a legitimate party.
Look how this works:

1. I will contact eBay and give all the info about this deal.

2. They will email us the forms which are needed for our deal.

3. I will send the tractor to your location and you will send the money at eBay.

4. After you will inspect the tractor and decide to keep it, eBay will forward the funds.

If the tractor is not suitable for you from any reason, your money will be fully refundable and I will take the tractor back on my cost. I'm sure it won't be the case because it's a state of art looking and working machine. Anyway, you will have 15 days from the time you receive the tractor to inspect it and decide if you want to keep it or not.

If you wish to purchase it please provide me your full name, shipping address and phone # so I can initiate the deal through eBay.
Also, let me know if there's something else you need to know.

Regards,
"

The keys to knowing this is a scam are all in the e-Bay part.

I am SURE that this is a scam, but just to set the record straight eBay does own 25% of Craigslist so they ARE related.
Ken

/ Craigslist tractor scam again. #5  
Hello,

The tractor is located in Valley City, Ohio and I am selling it at this price ($2960) because i just finished
the divorce with my husband. The divorce is finished and I own this tractor. I work as a dealer on a cruise
ship and i want to sell it because I need money for other things. This tractor is in excellent working condition,
slightly used, in 100% working and looking conditions and comes with a clear title ready for transfer. From the
beginning you have to know that for the payment I request only secure pay, I prefer the payment to be done using
eBay services. Since i am working most of my time, and divorced I want the deal closed only through eBay's Buyer
Protection Program in order for me and you to be 100% protected. The final price that I want for this tractor
is $2960. If you will take it for this price, I am willing to handle the shipping. Please get back to me asap if
you decide to buy, and include in your e-mail your full name and address where you want it shipped so I can start
the deal with eBay. You will receive payment and shipping details from them.
I will wait your answer very soon only if you are interested to buy because i don't have any free time to waste.
Best Regards ,
Trisha Sibley
I got this yesterday and then I found your site this is another craigslist scam

/ Craigslist tractor scam again. #6  
I am SURE that this is a scam, but just to set the record straight eBay does own 25% of Craigslist so they ARE related.
Ken

Really?? Now that I did not know.....hmmmm....

/ Craigslist tractor scam again. #7  
rustin35

Welcome to the forum. Being new, you may not realize that it is impossible to alert everyone to EVERY scam that pops up on Craigs, every day.

Those scams are relentless and legion. They seemingly cannot be stopped.

Thus, what we do here at TBN is to educate potential tractor buyers which immunizes them against such scams. It is always a scam if:

1. The price is simply too low. It's a scam.
2. There isn't a phone number offered. It's likely a scam.
3. There is always some excuse as to why you cannot come and see it in person. Typically, the tractor, quote: "is ready to ship" from some location somewhere, but heaven forbid you be able to come see it.
4. NEVER pay people for an unseen item. Scammers typically desire "payment" through Ebay, PayPal, Money Wire transfer, etc. A fool and his money are soon parted.

So, we don't publish reports on all these scams. We don't wish to give them any more attention or publicity. Flag them, when you see them, and move on.

/ Craigslist tractor scam again. #8  
The scammers on Craigslist are so busy that they don't even have time to read the ads they reply to. This is an email I got in response to an ad I placed to try to rent some land. I am still trying to figure out how to ship it to them. :laughing:

Re: 2 1/2 acres For Rent Pasture, Storage

Ok thats good,I will buy it from you but I need the following details.........

Name____
address____
City / state ________
Zip Code_____
phone #_________

I am paying with a certified check and this info is required so I mail you the payment as I have a tight schedule planning for my wedding.It will get to you in four days and I will be responsible for the shipment.

THANKS

/ Craigslist tractor scam again. #9  
\
I am paying with a certified check and this info is required so I mail you the payment as I have a tight schedule planning for my wedding.It will get to you in four days and I will be responsible for the shipment.

THANKS

Shipment of the check???

/ Craigslist tractor scam again. #10  
Tallyho8,

If you do ship your land, make sure and post pictures of your wrapping job! :D