Curtis cab latches

/ Curtis cab latches #11  
Try loosening (NOT removing) the two bolts I have indicated on each latch. Let the latch assembly slide up away from the striker pin a bit. If that allows you to operate the latches, adjust so the panel latches and unlatches smoothly.

Attachments

• F1A68067-3AA3-4AB2-9302-EF4995B8E2AB.jpeg
    F1A68067-3AA3-4AB2-9302-EF4995B8E2AB.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 113
   / Curtis cab latches #12  
Same as RickB but I think you have to loosen all four in red , It looks like( circled in yellow) the bracket is hitting the striker pin...Inkeddoor_LI.jpg

Attachments

• door.jpg
    door.jpg
    475.4 KB · Views: 90
   / Curtis cab latches #13  
Start with the two I circled, they have slots and will allow the latch to move away from the striker. The two nuts only serve to attach the L bracket to the panel. If that ends up being wrong, go ahead and loosen the nuts.

/ Curtis cab latches
Thanks guys, that was my guess as well, but second opinions never hurt.

Now, to find a day I can stand to be out there, might only fiddle with one latch, if it cures it, great, if not, onwards and upwards. I spent 25 minutes dropping stuff in the cold with clumsy gloves today getting the air compressor hooked up in the garage addition. That was 4 screws and 2 hose clamps. TWENTY FIVE minutes. Winter :thumbdown: Makes everything miserable.

/ Curtis cab latches
Okay, after a few days of delays for moving $&($%&(@%&*$ snow, I finally got to those bolts.

They loosen the latch and allow it to be repositioned, nothing more. After much fiddling, and repeatedly picking up the socket because of the $*#W*^#(^)^ COLD, I finally got two of them to move, a little. What this does, I'm not sure. It might release the lock, but I still couldn't push anything open.

At best, this is a piss poor design. I didn't want a Curtis cab in the first place, but was the only thing reasonably close. What I really wanted, is only available through dealers installation, which would have meant at least 12 hours driving.

I can take worthless windows off my laptop and install Linux, which works far better, but I'm stuck with the piss poor design of this Curtis cab.

You're right, I'm not happy.

/ Curtis cab latches
I'm contacting Curtis, for the 3rd time, as there was no response the first 2 times.

/ Curtis cab latches #17  
Their stuff isn't as bad as you are making of it. Aftermarket cabs are just that, and components have to be assembled and adjusted to work properly.

You have a dealer problem, not a Curtis problem. You admitted that in post #1. Any dealer that won't stand behind a simple cab install is a poor one indeed.

/ Curtis cab latches #18  
The Curtis cab in my 2006 kubota RTV 900 has be great with minimal issues.Sorry you are having issues.

/ Curtis cab latches #19  
Okay, after a few days of delays for moving $&($%&(@%&*$ snow, I finally got to those bolts.

They loosen the latch and allow it to be repositioned, nothing more. After much fiddling, and repeatedly picking up the socket because of the $*#W*^#(^)^ COLD, I finally got two of them to move, a little. What this does, I'm not sure. It might release the lock, but I still couldn't push anything open.

At best, this is a piss poor design. I didn't want a Curtis cab in the first place, but was the only thing reasonably close. What I really wanted, is only available through dealers installation, which would have meant at least 12 hours driving.

I can take worthless windows off my laptop and install Linux, which works far better, but I'm stuck with the piss poor design of this Curtis cab.

You're right, I'm not happy.

I do hope you find a solution to your problem soon !

I also live in a deep freeze area and have had problems opening vehicle doors, truck canopy doors, etc., and have noticed the gasket can freeze/stick to make it impossible to open a door that normally opens.

Just maybe this could be adding to your troubles ?

Good luck, KC

/ Curtis cab latches
Curtis finally replied after my third inquiry, they asked for pictures, which I sent, awaiting any advice now.

I have tried to adjust the latches, no matter how they are adjusted, the levers do not move, period. THAT is an adjustment problem????

I have read about several owners having various issues, Curtis isn't perfect. They were still my 2nd choice based on overall reviews.