Custom Tractor Canopy

/ Custom Tractor Canopy #101  
Okay thank You for the reply & I hope You get the weather You need for the completion & You all sure could use a break on all the liquid sunshine You've been getting. I still have not completed the wiring yet on mine even though I did get a little done on it.
Just a quick update, I'm not done with the project, Had to order another wiring harness with a rocker switch & decided to mount mirrors on the forward brace last price on the project was $337.00 & now it's $ 365.00 for the total on the project will post pictures upon completion of the project led lights working & wiring routing installed as well as the radio ;).

/ Custom Tractor Canopy #102  
Just a quick update, I'm not done with the project, Had to order another wiring harness with a rocker switch & decided to mount mirrors on the forward brace last price on the project was $337.00 & now it's $ 365.00 for the total on the project will post pictures upon completion of the project led lights working & wiring routing installed as well as the radio ;).
Hey I'm all done with this project! I did add one other item to the project & that was a old dremel case I had & I routed all the wiring looms thru it & put 8 small holes in it at the bottom just in case I get water in it & I put the relays & fuse blocks in as well along with the excess wires & it can still be opened & closed as needed to access the fuses & the radio I put in is awesome I could not get the tractor engine to drown it out :cool:! The hardest part of the build was doing the wiring & routing it to make sure it had all the proper clearances & not get hung up on anything ( branches ) the pictures are not that great I took them with my laptop & here Ya go_Oh & the mirrors installed.
IMG_20210723_193809.jpg
IMG_20210723_193809.jpg
IMG_20210723_193847.jpg
IMG_20210723_193847.jpg
IMG_20210723_193928.jpg
IMG_20210723_193928.jpg
IMG_20210723_194208.jpg
IMG_20210723_194208.jpg
IMG_20210723_194240.jpg
IMG_20210723_194240.jpg
IMG_20210723_194325.jpg
IMG_20210723_194325.jpg
IMG_20210723_195226.jpg
IMG_20210723_195226.jpg

/ Custom Tractor Canopy #104  
can do nice job!
Thank You Mrsig ! My next tractor project should be allot easier :unsure: !:D! I'll be replacing the external hydraulic lines on the M-F 50 & on the log splittter they are little over 20 years old & due for new ones, Thanks again.
IMG_20201211_155854.jpg
IMG_20201211_155854.jpg

/ Custom Tractor Canopy #105  
Lookin good!
I don't know how you run your wires up but I would use
pvc pipe with a coupling were the rops bend and use
zip ties to hold the pvc on. This will give the small wires
some protection if a branch or something hits them. The
gray pvc would work.

willy

/ Custom Tractor Canopy #106  
PVC is a good idea. I used gray flex conduit. Zip ties rot and break. Use hose clamps

/ Custom Tractor Canopy #107  
Lookin good!
I don't know how you run your wires up but I would use
pvc pipe with a coupling were the rops bend and use
zip ties to hold the pvc on. This will give the small wires
some protection if a branch or something hits them. The
gray pvc would work.

willy
Thanks Williy ! I did run wire loom around the wiring & ran it so it's either on the backside or on the inside of the rops & the radio antenna leans backwards & is made of rubber & this tractor only goes in areas where tree limbs or branches are not a issue & if they are they will meet my pole saw ;) ! & I use my other tractor for that my 1959 M-F 50 no rops on that bad boy :cool:. On a different note have You seen that mini excavator Northern Tool is selling with a Yanmar engine in it like to know what You think I always see You posting stuff on Yanmar tractors.

/ Custom Tractor Canopy #108  
Can do IMHO its OK for digging holes however I would never spent that kind of money for something to dig holes. Its not as versatile as a tractor! Yanmar engines are know for dependability and fuel consumption! You could buy a SA221 21.5 hp with a bucket and backhoe and brush hog for maybe a little more and look what you can do with it! I would think it would be OK if your in the business of digging holes and trenches for customers small jobs. We only have JD and Yanmar dealers within 150 miles of me. If your thinking of getting the mini I would suggest trading your MF1526 for a larger one that you can put a backhoe on because the mini is limited to what it can do. Do you have a Yanmar dealer near by? You could test drive the YT235C and you will know what I have. I paid
triple for what I have but the attachments are really heavy duty equipment. Also the temps here have been in the upper 90's and humid and really enjoy the cab with a/c. The B75 backhoe is quality really enjoy digging with it. so easy to use perhaps other backhoe makes are easy to use also . Were you planning on getting a mini??

willy

Last edited:
   / Custom Tractor Canopy #109  
   / Custom Tractor Canopy #110  
Can do IMHO its OK for digging holes however I would never spent that kind of money for something to dig holes. Its not as versatile as a tractor! Yanmar engines are know for dependability and fuel consumption! You could buy a SA221 21.5 hp with a bucket and backhoe and brush hog for maybe a little more and look what you can do with it! I would think it would be OK if your in the business of digging holes and trenches for customers small jobs. We only have JD and Yanmar dealers within 150 miles of me. If your thinking of getting the mini I would suggest trading your MF1526 for a larger one that you can put a backhoe on because the mini is limited to what it can do. Do you have a Yanmar dealer near by? You could test drive the YT235C and you will know what I have. I paid
triple for what I have but the attachments are really heavy duty equipment. Also the temps here have been in the upper 90's and humid and really enjoy the cab with a/c. The B75 backhoe is quality really enjoy digging with it. so easy to use perhaps other backhoe makes are easy to use also . Were you planning on getting a mini??

willy
Hey willy ! Thank You for taking the time & giving me your thoughts on that mini excavator all your input was well taken & I just thought it was a good price for a hole digger :unsure:! & to answer your question I'm not looking to buy a mini & there is no way I'm parting with my 1526 or 50 & if I was going to get a backhoe it would be for light duty work & you can get 1 from Woods or Betsco for the 1526 the woods would have to be installed by a M-F dealer at twice the price of 1 from Betsco & I'm sure it's of better quality. Thanks again.