Custom Tractor Canopy

/ Custom Tractor Canopy
Can I ask .. is that carpet you are glassing over?
Yeah I was going to go to Joann's fabric and get some thinking spandex to soak down but had that outdoor carpet left over. It actually was better because it soaked up a lot of fiberglass resin. It's hard as a rock. Didn't even need to add the fiberglass sheets tbh

/ Custom Tractor Canopy #63  
Can't wait to see the finishing touches on the canopy. I also used a golf cart top for my canopy. Now you have me thinking that I need to add a radio and speakers like yours!

Fortunately, I was able to get some of the mounting legs from the golf cart, they ended up being the perfect angle to mount the canopy. I used some 2" square tube that is bolted to the ROPS, then the canopy mounts fit into them, secured with a couple of pins. These pics are the first mounting using just the u-bolts....
So far from what I've seen IMHO You have installed yours using the kiss method & it looks very professional & the color match is a nice touch:cool:! Thanks for sharing your Idea(y).

/ Custom Tractor Canopy #64  
It's not a tractor.
cart cover 2.JPG

/ Custom Tractor Canopy
Going to try and tackle the Bondo this weekend. Got a mini hurricane hitting us, so I should have a work free weekend

/ Custom Tractor Canopy #67  
When wiring anything on a vehicle make sure your
wire is stranded. Believe it or not stranded wire will
carry more amps than solid wire.
Someone once said if you don't like me or what I say
I can always put mistletoe on my coat tail just for ya!

willy

/ Custom Tractor Canopy
Yes sir, all braided wire. Good point

/ Custom Tractor Canopy #69  
So where are You at on this project :unsure:? I'm going the same route with the exception of all the fiberglass , But I get the jest of what your doing. I just picked me up a Club -Car golf cart roof for $ 75.00 & it's 70" long & 45" wide & I'm building a ladder frame,So I can get more center bracing in case of a heavy wet snow & angel bracing brackets for more support that I already had on hand & also I picked up my wiring harness with a rocker switch, 2 square leds lights for the rear & 2 circular leds lights for the front & a couple of extensions for the harness for $62.00 & I went with the longer roof to have more overhang forward & aft, So I'm all in at $137.00 & that will save me over $200.00 + on going this route over what the M-F dealer wanted or a brand new golf cart roof KAH-CHING!!!!!;) & I've seen a few other TBN members do the same install & they look just as good or better than a factory install:cool:. Hope You made out okay with the tropical depression! & I'd like to see where You're at on the install.

/ Custom Tractor Canopy #70  
This is where I'm at with my install of the golf cart roof, & I hope to done next weekend :unsure: ? I'm just waiting on the wiring harness & a couple of extensions for the harness & 4 led lights & a black swivel antenna & I need to find a radio that can be left out under the canopy with a built in speaker & just AM-FM:cool:.
IMG_20210626_174414.jpg
IMG_20210626_174414.jpg
IMG_20210626_174443.jpg
IMG_20210626_174443.jpg
IMG_20210626_174519.jpg