customer services frustration

/ customer services frustration #41  
A few years back I saw a post here or another tractor website looking for a value on a low time Kubota L3010. Since I was in the market for a tractor I talked back and forth to the guy. He was an accountant charged with liquidating the equipment for a bankrupt horseback riding academy. I flew down to TN to see the tractor and we cut a deal for the Kubby (325 hours) and three implements.

Next I went to UShip.com and found a hauler to get it to PA.

Last step (couple of years later) was to take it in for maintenance to a Kubby dealer to solve an intermittent glow plug problem. The dealer not only treated me right but commented that I got a great deal on the tractor.

I reciprocated by buying a back blade from him and the folding ROPS to fit in my low overhead barn. I wouldn’t buy Kubby parts anywhere else.

I had called another (actually closer) Kubby dealer to price the folding ROPS. He gave me BS that replacement ROPS were not available but that they would gladly take my L3010 in trade for a new tractor. Complete BS. I have never bought so much as a bolt from him.

/ customer services frustration #42  
All hinges on the dealer. I bought my open station M9 via Tractor House used, 400 miles from here. Hauled it home on my tri axle goose neck, well hauled it to my dealer and had them go through it and fix any issues. Was never an issue and they treat it like I bought it there. Paid 15 grand for it and put another 5 in it for needed repairs. Worth about 30 today, maybe more. Not for sale either though my dealer has offered me 30 for it. Hard to come by and getting harder every day.

Attachments

• 100_0013 (1).JPG
    100_0013 (1).JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 55
   / customer services frustration #43  
My old Ford tractor dealer was sold, and then closed. Next NH was further away and not very nice to deal with. A new NH opened near where my old dealer was. Owner not customer friendly. Messick's always has my back. I guess if I ever need pros to fix something, I'll have to haul it there. They couldn't sell me Kubota DMC, because I'm out of their area (Kubota rules) but they don't punish me for buying elsewhere, and they know I did.

/ customer services frustration #44  
Received the same parts customer 'attitude' from the local JD dealer when I purchased s/h JD elsewhere (because no suitable sized new or s/h machines available locally) - later invited by the same dealership to a demo day when ready to purchase new 150HP+ tractors, during the day gave great feedback on the demo machines to the dealer sales manage & attending JD State rep, they also quoted a great special price on the demo tractors knowing I was ready to purchase - then I shared that contracting around the State & based on my parts experience with the dealer, it's unfortunate I can no longer rely on JD dealers around the state for support on units they didn't retail so will now be buying other brands - the combined looks of the dealer sales manager & JD State rep were priceless....

/ customer services frustration #45  
I bought parts from the dealer I bought from and every part they sold me was wrong. I had to give them the part numbers to order…. And then before they sent them to me I made them text me photos to ensure they were correct…. And judging from @Jchonline location and brand, I am using that same “exceptional” dealer…
Where are you located because you don't have it in your avatar.
Fort Collins WTC is hot garbage. I use the Longmont location, they have been amazing for me.

/ customer services frustration #46  
I didn't read all the comments.
I just recently talked to a person who worked once at our JD dealer. He said: "the first machine is sold by the sales person. The second machine will be sold by the parts and service department".
The way your dealer acts is unreasonable. I'd like to talk to somebody higher up when you return your filters.

/ customer services frustration #47  
The closer dealer has told you they have only 1 parts person and he/she gave you the wrong filters, a really easy part to match. They have an incompetent parts person, they lied to you. What else do you need to know? Good dealers have a good parts department. Replacement dealer parts are expensive and have a big markup. Any good dealer(They are pretty common) has a parts department happy to sell the right part to as many people as possible, many even deliver the parts. They earn more money with every part they sell. I am sure that people who DO buy tractors from this dealer get the same poor service and wrong parts. Imagine getting them to do warranty service. There will always be a problem getting to working on your tractor with them.

You found a good way to test them and they failed. It is not your fault, and you are lucky to find them out on something which does not cost much.

/ customer services frustration #48  
THERE IS A GOOD VIDEO ABOUT DEALERS AND SERVICE/WARRANTY ON "TRACTOR MIKES" YOU-TUBE-SITE.

/ customer services frustration #49  
Good point that I didn't consider...

It never cross my mind they would do such thing...

thanks for your perspective.
Cross reference question would be the serial number. Did you buy it from us is not about which part, it is about which tier of service they provide. Steer clear.

/ customer services frustration #50  
Where I worked a typical call from a large customer would be:
This is Jack from XYZ, I need a hydraulic filter for unit #17
Put customer name and unit number in system. Pull up details about "as shipped" and transfer S/N to parts look up screen. Compare multitude of choices and narrow down to proper filter.
OR:
This is Jack from XYZ, I need a #1234567 and bill it to unit #17
Done, boom, 90 seconds later someone is retrieving the filter from the shelf.

Typical small customer or new customer:
I want a filter for an ABC model.
Which filter?
Hydraulic.
Do you know your serial number?
No, they are all the same, just get me a filter
Did you buy it here? I can probably look up the S/N, we really need it to get the right part.
No, they are all the same, don't you know what you are doing?
Pull up the diagram for model ABC, Go to filters and show the screen that lists 3 different hydraulic filters to the customer.
Customer pulls out cell phone and calls home. I need the s/n from the ABC because these guys don't know what they are doing.

Alternative scenario after the second "no, they are all the same" response:
Parts person sells the customer a random filter that is at best an educated guess. Then moves on to the next customer in the queue.
Customer usually returns with the "wrong filter" and either the number off of the old filter or the S/N while yelling that the people here don't know anything.

Oh, and for customers with an account, we always tried to collect as much info about a new (to us) machine and add that one to the database. Not possible for cash customers.

Sheesh, I'm glad I am retired....