Cut 10ac with finish mower - Advice Requested

/ Cut 10ac with finish mower - Advice Requested #41  
Who is everyone and what does everyone have to do with bales of hay littering your property? The hay is abandoned and on your land, it is yours. Have "everyone" call him and tell him to come get his hay.

/ Cut 10ac with finish mower - Advice Requested #42  
I'm sure by now, the storage charges for those hay bales is more then the value of the hay.

/ Cut 10ac with finish mower - Advice Requested #43  
Thought about that.... we ALSO have a nice washout going down the big hill....again, thanks to him as when he loosened the dirt to plant, cultivate, I guess it allowed a channel to develop. (there was always a bit of a swale (correct word?) there but now I have to stop and be careful to cross it with tractor as it's much much worse)

Anyway, thought about using the bales as some filler in there to see if it would compost away and help fill it....meanwhile, simply use it to raise the bottom a bit. (could also add some dirt to that)

I've spoken about burning them and got the horrified look from everyone because they still view those bales as untouchable since they belong to the farmer who abandonded them about 6-7 years ago. I don't agree with that logic at all.
Using them as fill is a good idea if you can move them.

He is not coming back for old hay. They are yours to do with what you want. He does not even remember leaving them there.

/ Cut 10ac with finish mower - Advice Requested #44  
7 to 45 days depending on the state and what the item is. After that you can dispose as you wish and usually send a bill to the person for the time/effort to clear it out.

/ Cut 10ac with finish mower - Advice Requested #45  
Who is everyone and what does everyone have to do with bales of hay littering your property? The hay is abandoned and on your land, it is yours. Have "everyone" call him and tell him to come get his hay.

Using them as fill is a good idea if you can move them.

He is not coming back for old hay. They are yours to do with what you want. He does not even remember leaving them there.

A bit of a nightmare situation.

Decades ago, Father in Law bought 500 acres. He's a "frugal" chap (read: cheap) and didn't want to pay for the place (he was a successful dentist, had plenty of cash flow)

Asked his sister & mother if they'd like to split the land (yes) so now it's three people each owning a third.

Mother passes, her third goes to father in law, his sister and his OTHER sister (who had nothing to do with it in the beginning)

That generation has now passed and there are (if I'm thinking correctly) 15 owners of the farm....the next generation AND some of it was given to a grandchild or three.

I saw an estate issue coming down at us.... so father in law put farm into family partnership and now there are shares. If you want to sell your shares, anyone can buy them. An outsider won't buy any because the farm is undivided.

Since I live here with my wife's cousin next door (in her deceased uncle's house) "they" are the others. "They" are FAMILY and I'm married into it..... so I feel a bit of deference to them although I'm the one that's actually keeping the place cut.

I've got an industrial backhoe so if the bales don't fall apart like the last ones I got rid of, I can move them. If they fall apart, I'll just destroy them in place (run over them with rotary cutter over several weeks/months and just dice them up)

If however, I can actually transport them then, I like the idea of using them as filler.

I don't think anyone is really going to say anything at this point in time. I think my case has been made by the farmer that he abandonded these bales a LONG time ago. Unfortunately, they were probably viable when I first wanted to get rid of them, now they're just disintegrating piles of junk wrapped in annoying plastic.

(and they DID call him to get his hay, he had probably triple the amount and this is what was finally left behind. Since he did make an effort to get what he took, wife and her cousin thought he'd come back and they didn't want to be responsible for it being gone)

I'm not as nice as they are!

/ Cut 10ac with finish mower - Advice Requested #46  
We lived in Arkansas for a little while when my wife and I were newlyweds and there was a older man that had about 20 acres that he mowed with a 21" push mower. He started early each morning and would work till dark. By the end of the week he just started over. Everyone said he just loves to mow. I felt bad for him.
Had a neighbor do that, and he mowed 12.5 acres every week using a Troy built Honda powered mower. In his particular case, he was doing it for health reasons, to loose weight he said. I will say, that after six months mowing, he certainly looked more fit and trim.

/ Cut 10ac with finish mower - Advice Requested #47  
Sorry for your situation.

/ Cut 10ac with finish mower - Advice Requested #48  
Let me start by saying I'm grew up a city guy living the country life now. I don't know all these farm implement names, terms, etc. So please ignore my ignorance. :)

Anywho, I own 10 acre field a few miles from me. Nothing is there, it's just a field. I had local guy cut it for rough hay for his horses for a few years which kept it rough trimmed. He has since stopped over the past 2 years, so I was going to start cutting it myself once or twice a year just to keep it trimmed. I own a New Holland TC18 and a 4' finish mower rear discharge, and I unfortunately sold my brush hog a few years back. I was thinking I could use the finish mower at it's highest level to cut this field. It's not thick, just some weeds and growth could be like 3ft high or so.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance..
I agree with others your going to smoke the belts on your mower. Probably be cheaper to hire it done. By the time you would get it mowed it would be time to start all over again