Cutting 20ga galvanized sheet

/ Cutting 20ga galvanized sheet #41  
Another alternative is to ask the shop where you purchase the metal to cut it for you. I've done this several times and have never been charged more than a few bucks. Sometimes nothing!

It's really nice to bring the cut metal home and just start putting your project together!!

/ Cutting 20ga galvanized sheet #42  
Another alternative is to ask the shop where you purchase the metal to cut it for you. I've done this several times and have never been charged more than a few bucks. Sometimes nothing!

It's really nice to bring the cut metal home and just start putting your project together!!

Already mentioned several times, but agreed!

/ Cutting 20ga galvanized sheet
Agreed. It would be nice. Sadly the place I buy my metal from is Alro Steel. They charge some heavenly cutting fees. Annnnnd . . . The few times I’ve had a home improvement store cut some plywood for me when I didn’t have the vehicle space to bring home a full sheet, no matter how much I hung over the guy’s shoulder, the dimensions always seemed to be off a little. I’d rather take responsibility for my own mistakes. I think Alro would probably be way more exacting with their cuts than a home improvement store but the price is prohibitive. No other metal suppliers near me. Have to drive 1-1/2 hours just to get to a drops store that Alro has up in Kalamazoo. Better prices but you’re at the mercy of whatever they have in stock.

/ Cutting 20ga galvanized sheet #44  
Well, you probably have your parts cut by now but this is what I've been using for years for straight cuts I couldn't get into my 40" shear: Pistol Grip Air Shears

It does leave about a 3/16" curly of waste but it's easy to follow a straight line. You can spend more but at 100psi air, it won't cut better.

/ Cutting 20ga galvanized sheet
Hey Tinhack,

I definitely looked at those at Harbor Freight. I wound up going with a carbide metal blade for my circular saw, since they were all straight cuts. The project came out great. It’s finished and in use.

-Dave