Cyclone Rake Questions

/ Cyclone Rake Questions #11  
Once I'm at my dump area, I don't have a problem with raking some out to make lifting easier......and....I'm only 5'2" and 145 lbs and 85 years old. I guess after all the other raking options I've tried over the years, this seems negligible.

As leonz notes, one can vacuum the trailer with the appropriate hoses (more expense) to shoot it over the wall, hedge, etc.

/ Cyclone Rake Questions
View attachment 565987View attachment 565988Here's some additional pics of the hook up on my rig.

Cheers,
Mike

Thanks for the pics! That does look like a solid hitch. Not sure how often I'd have it and off, so maybe the bolts would get cumbersome. I kinda like the idea of pinning it to two holes in my trailer mover, which is what's typically on my quick hitch when the carryall is off.

I see some people are recommending going with a Kubota deck boot to attach the hose to, as it's more of a custom fit. Did you go with the Cyclone Mower Deck Adapter, and how was the setup of that?

Thanks--about to call Cyclone to get their views on what I think I want.

/ Cyclone Rake Questions #13  
   / Cyclone Rake Questions #14  
JackyJ,
I din't know that Kubota made a deck adapter. I had to modify the CR boot that they provided to get it to my satisfaction. Here's some pics of that and also.........................................................note that...................getting rid of all those leaves can be troublesome. I distribute mine all over the garden and plow/till them in. Sometimes I eject them into a hedge row..... 007.JPG004.JPG005.JPG so..........some more pics.006.JPG
Cheers,
Mike

P.S. That's a nice set up KennyG......because you do not have to bolt on/off the CR hitch....just go with what you built is easier and probably functions just as well.

/ Cyclone Rake Questions #15  
Here's that pic that you asked for JackyJ. As far as I know, Woodland knows of the various dimensions/hookups for various tractor models. This the pic of the one they sent for my B2620.View attachment 565986. It hooks up to the tow bar.

I run this type of hitch on our BX25 and the largest cyclone rake and it works GREAT! Tried it on the 3pt and the constant up and down was a pain and now just pin my arms in the widest position and hitch it to the rear hitch and go.

I often fill it full on our yard and mostly try and back slightly down hill and tip it up kind of hard and that mostly gets everything loose on the first try or two. I leave it tipped and pull forward a bit and that helps empty the majority of everything that is left in the rake.

I also use the Kubota deck boot - of course it costs a bit more but it fits my deck perfect. I then used an adapter to get the bigger cyclone rake hose to fit the Kubota deck adapter. I have had it clog 1 time in about 3 year and that is because I had a 10" stick make it part way down the shoot and get stuck and then the wet grass got built up on it.

/ Cyclone Rake Questions
The CR 3 point is designed for Cat 0 like lawn tractors have. I built my own adapter and it has worked well. See this thread.

https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/build-yourself/312775-three-point-receiver.html?highlight=cyclone+rake

I have the commercial pro with single wheels. The dual wheels are probably nice but I get along fine. I try to not fill it completely if the leaves are at all wet, but it's not that heavy normally. Easy to dump.

Thanks for showing this! But I'm wondering: Could you pin the two Cyclone Rake hitch points directly to your drawbar, instead of the bracket that you bolted to that drawbar? I suspect that drawbar pre-drilled holes are probably not at the perfect spacing, but close enough? The hole diameters could maybe be adjusted with a bushing? Your solution looks great, but I'm wondering if I could get buy with a simpler version.

Also, it looks like your hitch will move up and down as you raise/lower your mower deck. Clearly some find that undesirable. But I've seen other reviews where users don't see a problem with it, and state that it can help make unloading easier. What's your take on the Cyclone tongue moving when you reposition your deck?

/ Cyclone Rake Questions #17  
I have a 2320 JD with the independent lift kit for the MM mower.
Had a Cycline Rake for about 7 or 8 years.
Still very satisfied with it - I have the XL with dual wheels.
When I bought mine you told them what tractor you had, and at no extra cost they sent me a
Cat 1 3 point hitch bracket.
I use the CR boot and cut it to fit my mower. Rarely plug it - maybe one or twice a season
I usually pickup about 15 CR loads a year.

/ Cyclone Rake Questions #18  
I have the one you are thinking about buying with a bx1860. It works well. But, I think you would do better to get the big one with dual wheels. With leaves it fills fast.

/ Cyclone Rake Questions #20  
Tractor and hitch aren't shiny anymore......

I can measure the cyclone rake holes if you

Attachments

• tapatalk_1533861653133.jpeg
    tapatalk_1533861653133.jpeg
    72.4 KB · Views: 62