Cyclone Rake Questions

/ Cyclone Rake Questions #21  
The mower deck adapter came on a trot built lawn mower. I made the bracket to put it on the kubota deck. 20180809_194203.jpegView attachment 566166View attachment 566167
I use it in the summer to collect zoysia clippings while mowing and leaves in the winter.

/ Cyclone Rake Questions
The mower deck adapter came on a trot built lawn mower. I made the bracket to put it on the kubota deck.View attachment 566168View attachment 566166View attachment 566167
I use it in the summer to collect zoysia clippings while mowing and leaves in the winter.

Thanks for the pics! I really like the bracket you made to attach the deck boot in the other thread you linked to.

So I gather you're not having any problems with the hitch point for the CR raising and lowering with the deck? Seems like that's a problem for some, not for others. I've asked the Cyclone folks if they can clarify it, and give me the measurements for the hitch pin spacing and hole diameter. If they don't get back to me soon, I'd love to take you up on the offer to measure yours.

Thanks again!

Jack

/ Cyclone Rake Questions
I also use the Kubota deck boot - of course it costs a bit more but it fits my deck perfect.

I just priced the Kubota deck boot and hardware at Messick's and got a severe sticker shock: There's a kit with mounting pieces and plates that costs $1012! Cheaper to buy the individual components separately, except that not all of them are available. Just the plastic boot itself costs twice what CR charges. I've asked Messick's for clarification on this, maybe "whole goods" pricing, but no way I'm spending more than $200, even if the fit is perfect.

Where did you source yours? Coudn't find anything in stock on the 'Bay at the moment.

/ Cyclone Rake Questions #24  
WOW - that is a LOT more than what I paid. I got off Ebay and want to say the boot and mulching kit (metal part that bolts to the inside of the deck) was less than $200 total (Been about 3 years ago and don't recall exactly). I do recall I checked locally and it was super expensive but later figured out it was not just the boot and metal mulching plate.

/ Cyclone Rake Questions #25  
Thanks for showing this! But I'm wondering: Could you pin the two Cyclone Rake hitch points directly to your drawbar, instead of the bracket that you bolted to that drawbar? I suspect that drawbar pre-drilled holes are probably not at the perfect spacing, but close enough? The hole diameters could maybe be adjusted with a bushing? Your solution looks great, but I'm wondering if I could get buy with a simpler version.

Also, it looks like your hitch will move up and down as you raise/lower your mower deck. Clearly some find that undesirable. But I've seen other reviews where users don't see a problem with it, and state that it can help make unloading easier. What's your take on the Cyclone tongue moving when you reposition your deck?

My original hope was to directly use the drawbar. However, the hole spacing couldn't have been any further off, which is why I built the bracket.

I have the independent lift kit for my mower deck, so the 3 point is not affected by the mower deck lift.

/ Cyclone Rake Questions #26  
My original hope was to directly use the drawbar. However, the hole spacing couldn't have been any further off, which is why I built the bracket.

I have the independent lift kit for my mower deck, so the 3 point is not affected by the mower deck lift.
Independent lift kit? I did not you can get that.

/ Cyclone Rake Questions #27  
Thanks for the pics! I really like the bracket you made to attach the deck boot in the other thread you linked to.

So I gather you're not having any problems with the hitch point for the CR raising and lowering with the deck? Seems like that's a problem for some, not for others. I've asked the Cyclone folks if they can clarify it, and give me the measurements for the hitch pin spacing and hole diameter. If they don't get back to me soon, I'd love to take you up on the offer to measure yours.

Thanks again!

Jack
It doesn't bother me. It seems the deck moves first, so I can move it to position then worry about the 3 point. The cyclone rake does not need to be perfect level.

/ Cyclone Rake Questions #28  
Independent lift kit? I did not you can get that.

Common on John Deere. I assume other brands have it. Just a separate cylinder you can hook to the loader control.