Daylight Savings Time---yes or no?

/ Daylight Savings Time---yes or no? #111  
I think most of us have really had a gut full of the time switching back and forth. I would just as soon stay on daylight savings all year round. Reason being is it really really really sucks switching back in the winter when it gets dark at 4:30

/ Daylight Savings Time---yes or no? #113  
All this discussion and nothing about time zones. Having a state in different time zones is crazy.

Anyone live close to a time zone dividing line?

MoKelly

/ Daylight Savings Time---yes or no? #114  
All this discussion and nothing about time zones. Having a state in different time zones is crazy.

Anyone live close to a time zone dividing line?

MoKelly
Yep, two time zones in my state (TN).

/ Daylight Savings Time---yes or no? #117  
To all you people that LOVE DST because of the EXTRA hour it gives you, why not just have the Government declare daylight 24 Hrs a day?

Then what time zone you are in wouldn't matter.

Where I'm at it is going to have 2 Min 53 Sec. more sunlight no matter if I call it 2 o'clock or 1 o'clock.

/ Daylight Savings Time---yes or no? #118  
To all you people that LOVE DST because of the EXTRA hour it gives you, why not just have the Government declare daylight 24 Hrs a day?

Then what time zone you are in wouldn't matter.

Where I'm at it is going to have 2 Min 53 Sec. more sunlight no matter if I call it 2 o'clock or 1 o'clock.
Is that a Yes (y)... Or a No (n)

/ Daylight Savings Time---yes or no? #120  
I vote to stay on Standard Time. Screw DST, it sucks.

WA state voted over a year ago to put an end to changing the clocks. That's how the media sold it anyway. What was actually on the ballot was to adopt DST year round. Most people have no idea what DST even stands for, or what time of year that we are on DST. Most people just think "Spring Forward, Fall back." The other thing that the media and our state government DIDNT tell the people is that if it passes, if we decide to stay on DST, we would need approval from Congress. However, if we adopt standard time, no approval is needed.

We have yet to change. No congressional approval.

This has reinforced my belief that people are inherently morons when it comes to this crap. They vote on what the media tells them. I have given up on voting and the media years ago.

I dont love changing the clocks. But if we are to adopt a time for year round, then lets adopt Standard time. That is, however, the time that some states have been on forever. After all, it is STANDARD. We are not 'saving' anything in the summer. For many people, the sun is way up when they wake up, and they are going to bed while its still light out. In the winter, sure, the its dark when I wake up at 5, and its dark on my way home at 5. Boohoo. Move south if you need the sun when you wake up or go home. I use head lights or work lights when I am home working after work. Or I work in the shop, or stay inside and enjoy time with the family. Changing to DST wont gain you crap in the winter. Its not like we actually gain an hour of daylight.

I'm done.