Dealer charge for loading tires

/ Dealer charge for loading tires #41  
Lets be serious here. Most of the CUTs and SCUTs need something in the rear. Most don't have 30" between the tires and you can raise a tire by just leaning on the ROPS. If you need traction, add tire ballast. If you need stability, add wheel spacers. If you're adding weight because the FEL is raising the back tires, you're abusing your tractor. These tractors are not meant to move a lot of dirt--They are lawnmowers with a little more power. And not much more of that. They were made to move flowerpots around on an estate, not for farm or dirt work.

/ Dealer charge for loading tires #42  
while attending a recent promo event at a large Kubota dealer in the area, i got a quote on a B2601 with a loader and backhoe. nothing is cheap these days but i have to say it came out to significantly less than i was expecting, with the dealer offering nearly $6k off msrp and with quite favorable financing terms.

one thing stuck out though as i was reviewing the quote later - there was a $2000 charge for "Set up load tires." i had a very good impression of the dealership, and price, before i saw that listed. but in the past, when i've seen car dealerships try to throw in that kind of charge for nitrogen in tires, i've just walked out of the place. but i haven't purchased a tractor before. am i missing something? i understand why you would want liquid in tractor tires (as opposed to nitrogen!), but at a price of $2000 i'm thinking i must look like an idiot.
Unless that is for the "complete" setup - complete dealer prep - that does seem high. My Mahindra dealer charges $100/tire for UT's up to 90hp with cow & rim friendly antifreeze. If I recall, it was $150-200/tire for AG's. Don't know because I never filled SCUT or CUTs but could only imagine it being <$100/tire for them.

As far as the fill or no fill w/weight debate I'll leave that to folks much smarter than I am. However, seeing things in this thread about using a box blade for counter weight has me puzzled. The one box blade I have (4') is the lightest implement (excluding a 3ph trailer hitch) I have - maybe 2-300#. I would think that wouldn't be enough to counterbalance anything, let alone a fully loaded FEL. Just me rambling, but since most of the posts I see here with folks buying (S)CUTs the usually get a package deal with a Tiller & Hog. I would think that throwing the hog on would give better counterbalance than a lightweight box blade.

/ Dealer charge for loading tires #43  
That has to be the biggest stretch of the imagination I have ever read.

Exterior weights are not non-toxic? Exterior weights are not non-corrosive? Exterior weights are the best solution and what you will see on all equipment that is used seriously for hard work when reliability is a must.

Tried beet juice on 2 different tractors. It’s a smelly mess.
I loaded beet juice and found it was thick but pumped well enough to get the job done. When using my loader the rear tires weighted is a real advantage. I am happy with the beet juice. As for smelly I did not notice.

/ Dealer charge for loading tires #44  
while attending a recent promo event at a large Kubota dealer in the area, i got a quote on a B2601 with a loader and backhoe. nothing is cheap these days but i have to say it came out to significantly less than i was expecting, with the dealer offering nearly $6k off msrp and with quite favorable financing terms.

one thing stuck out though as i was reviewing the quote later - there was a $2000 charge for "Set up load tires." i had a very good impression of the dealership, and price, before i saw that listed. but in the past, when i've seen car dealerships try to throw in that kind of charge for nitrogen in tires, i've just walked out of the place. but i haven't purchased a tractor before. am i missing something? i understand why you would want liquid in tractor tires (as opposed to nitrogen!), but at a price of $2000 i'm thinking i must look like an idiot.
Here in Michigan I had my tires loaded with a byproduct of sugar beets from the sugar beet plant. It was reasonable 100$ in 2005 and still working great, looks like a molasses.

/ Dealer charge for loading tires #45  
I am wondering if that is their "tractor set up" fee for assembly and prep. There is a variety of ways to set up tires and rims based on your specific use of the tractor.

I have methanal in my rear tires. To add more weight, I asked for a quote from a Rim Guard dealer (closest one is about 200 miles - Called them). To remove and clean the tires and rims and refill with Rim Guard was about $250.00. My tractor is an L4701. The dealer did not charge me for loading the tires with methanal. Probably did somewhere, but not listed on the ticket.
I believe you mean methanol, which is just water with alcohol added as antifreeze. "Methanal" is more commonly known as formaldehyde, or embalming fluid.

/ Dealer charge for loading tires #46  
Formaldehyde? Hardly. Methanol is a type of alcohol mostly used as racing fuel. You can buy it off Amazon or most auto parts stores in 5-gallon cans. It's highly flammable and burns with a blue flame that is mostly invisible. You can burn to death without seeing any flames.

/ Dealer charge for loading tires #47  
I loaded beet juice and found it was thick but pumped well enough to get the job done. When using my loader the rear tires weighted is a real advantage. I am happy with the beet juice. As for smelly I did not notice.
First flat tire or bad valve stem and you surely will notice. After it sits in the tires for a number of months, it smells worse than skunk.

/ Dealer charge for loading tires #48  
I bought the tool for about $20 and filled my own with antifreeze and water. Now I can do it anytime I want or need to.

/ Dealer charge for loading tires #49  
There are various reasons to fill or not to fill tires depending on your usage and machine type. I have a dedicated loader with a Ganon six way hydraulic scraper box on one machine, I filled the rears with a mixture of windshield washer fluid and water as it doesn’t get real cold here. The rears also have cast weights all the weight is needed because once that scraper box is on the ground the rear is very light and traction is needed to pull it.
I also have a dedicated backhoe loader and the backhoe is not removable so no tire ballast really needed. If one has a tractor that needs weight just for stability then then they can make that determination.

/ Dealer charge for loading tires #50  
calcium, beat, methanol, water, washer fluid.

they all weigh different amounts per gallon which is why calcium is king at 11 3 lbs a gallon over water water at 8.3 lbs a gallon and it's good to negative 58 before it freezes.

so which is better really comes down to how much weight do you need and who will maintain it. if you have a cut machine with tires that might hold 10 gallons not sure you can get enough fluid to even make a differance... simple 3 point concrete block or backhoe might be easier but if your a farmer with large ag tire pushing 100 gallons a side it changes all of the dynamics of the machine.

2k I would ask to clarify what that is for I can't imagine that is for tire ballast only.