Buying Advice Deciding on a Kubota BX2680

/ Deciding on a Kubota BX2680
Thanks guys. Because of your recommendations I bumped my implements to the 15-series. Surprisingly it didn't add much to the overall cost.

Kubota just launched their BX80 site today from the looks of it. http://www.kubota.com/product/BX80/default.aspx

I was suprised that the 4pt front hitch stuck out so far. Do you guys see this being an issue? Is it easy to remove? I will only use it in the winter.

Kubota 4-Point Front Hitch (BX8 Series) - YouTube

Last, should I be considering a quick hitch for the 3pt?

Last edited:
   / Deciding on a Kubota BX2680 #22  
I have a quick hitch for mine and like the ease of switching implements around. I had the Pat's easy change on my last tractor and liked it as well. I like the quick hitch better and the LP on is about $170 if I remember right.

Also, Triple R mentioned the Mike Hodge kit for the extendable stabilizers. I got this too after breaking and replacing turnbuckles. That is my one complaint with this tractor. Don't know if the 80 has a better setup than the 70, but on the 70, that is the weak point of the tractor. The welds would break and then the U bolts would bend pretty easily when doing box blade work.

I haven't had a single issue since adding these beefy items:

WP_20160415_11_20_13_Pro.jpg
WP_20160415_11_20_13_Pro.jpgWP_20160415_11_20_13_Pro.jpg

/ Deciding on a Kubota BX2680
I have a quick hitch for mine and like the ease of switching implements around. I had the Pat's easy change on my last tractor and liked it as well. I like the quick hitch better and the LP on is about $170 if I remember right.

Also, Triple R mentioned the Mike Hodge kit for the extendable stabilizers. I got this too after breaking and replacing turnbuckles. That is my one complaint with this tractor. Don't know if the 80 has a better setup than the 70, but on the 70, that is the weak point of the tractor. The welds would break and then the U bolts would bend pretty easily when doing box blade work.

I haven't had a single issue since adding these beefy items:

View attachment 506622
View attachment 506622View attachment 506622

Those look really nice, I'll pick up a pair after I get my tractor. Thanks for the advice.

/ Deciding on a Kubota BX2680 #25  

The Land Pride is $170? If that's so, I may look into it.

/ Deciding on a Kubota BX2680 #26  
My general preference is for the LP unit. Although there is nothing wrong with Pat's at all either. Just with Pat's, you will need to buy a slightly longer top link to make up for the extra distance the bottom links are extended out. With the LP, it moves everything the same distance. Also with the LP, I have adjusted all my attachments to fit the same width and the QH then never requires any adjustment. With the Pat's, I did the same, but my bottom links were free to do whatever they wanted. I put a ratchet strap on them to hold them together at the same adjustment to compensate.

My dealer had 3 of the QH05's in stock and he sold me one for $170. Since putting it on, I haven't taken it off yet.

The Mike Hodge kit was about the same price IIRC and so worth it.

/ Deciding on a Kubota BX2680 #27  
I couldn't find a website, so I sent an email to Mike Hodge about those extendable stabilizers.
--

Also, Triple R mentioned the Mike Hodge kit for the extendable stabilizers. I got this too after breaking and replacing turnbuckles. That is my one complaint with this tractor.

/ Deciding on a Kubota BX2680 #28  
Mike cut back and shut down his website, so contacting by email will work, he is on TBN and Orange Tractor Talk.

/ Deciding on a Kubota BX2680 #29  
Got the tires filled with RimGuard and G8100A wheel weights installed yesterday.

Of course it's yucky outside today (3-6" of snow, 20mph wind, high of 32) so I'm going to wait to see how much difference it made.

you'll do better with not losing traction so easily if you fill your rear wheels.