decision time Kubota BX 1860 or BX 2360?

/ decision time Kubota BX 1860 or BX 2360? #21  
I was an ECM tech during that period, working on RF4C's, F4D's & E's. Hopefully we took some of the "Worry Out of Being Close".

I own a B, so not a BX expert, but with the bigger wheels on the 2360, I would assume you would get a little higher lift on the 3 pt hitch than the 1860. Both are Cat 1, but are somewhat limited in how high they can lift an implement, so getting that box blade a little higher for transport might be a benefit. Fortunately the implement manufactures have recognized this and the popularity of these machines and have a good selections of tools to fit. The 2360 has a little faster ground speed too. In the end, once the money is spent, you'll not likely look back and say I wish I would have gotten the 1860.

/ decision time Kubota BX 1860 or BX 2360?
First, thanks to all that made comments. Second, I made a decision and bought the 2360 outfitted with a front end loader, grill guard, 5 ft box blade and turf tires. Will be delivered tomorrow and I will take pictures.

I can't disagree with the comments that the 1860 would more than satisfy my needs, my decision was made on one, the great deal my local Kubota dealer made me (I have bought quite a bit from him) and the larger tires that will allow the box blade to ride higher when in transit. Of course the extra power is a nice thing too. Looking forward to learning the tool and then moving some dirt around. This summer has been very dry and part of my yard have settled making mowing a bumpy ride. Now too be strong and selectively say NO when neighbors want to either borrow it or have me do work for them. Thanks again for all the helpful advice. Still can't rationalize the expense but I know I will get a lot of use out of it and my back will thank me.

The dealer is also welding an "L" bracket on the box blade so I can mount a 2" ball for moving my trailer around the yard.

/ decision time Kubota BX 1860 or BX 2360? #23  
yeah, congrats.

Seems the one they have in stock is always one they can make the better deal on. Not surprising. Enjoy, my man, enjoy!!!

/ decision time Kubota BX 1860 or BX 2360? #24  
Not on the ground, but spent a lot of time in the back seat of the Cessna O-1 Birddogs helping pilots while they called you guys, and directed your fire with smoke, etc. The F-4's were awesome, and it was always so great to have you there. I guess lots of guys came home because of both of us, and that is a good feeling. I was "Nonstop 17" at a firebase at the Iron Triangle. Thanks again!
Remember with the box blade, long top link=more flaps, short top link =forward stick.

/ decision time Kubota BX 1860 or BX 2360? #25  
Congratulations on your new tractor, I know you will love it.

/ decision time Kubota BX 1860 or BX 2360? #26  
For the relatively small difference in price, you made the right decision, although I really like my BX185o for mowing, although it's my smallest tractor.

/ decision time Kubota BX 1860 or BX 2360? #27  
The dealer is also welding an "L" bracket on the box blade so I can mount a 2" ball for moving my trailer around the yard.

Congratulations! I suggest calling the dealer back and asking him to weld a couple chain hooks onto the bucket while he has the welder going. I use my hooks all the time.

Look forward to pics :thumbsup:

/ decision time Kubota BX 1860 or BX 2360?
Chain hooks on the Front en loader bucket. Anyone have pictures? Need to get that word to my dealer early this morning. Thanks

/ decision time Kubota BX 1860 or BX 2360? #29  
Chain hooks on the Front en loader bucket. Anyone have pictures? Need to get that word to my dealer early this morning. Thanks

check 6, I'm late the the discussion. Love my BX1860 but would equally love a BX2360, so congratulations on your decision. Look forward to your pic's. Here's a few pic's of my chain hooks in use to give you some ideas. Dealer welded one on each top corner of the bucket. They come in real handy for moving odd shaped objects that don't fit well in the bucket. Highly recommend them. Oh, and thank you for your service to our country!

Attachments

• IMG_2164.jpg
    IMG_2164.jpg
    732.7 KB · Views: 934
  • Wheel Horse 1077 Resto 014.JPG
    Wheel Horse 1077 Resto 014.JPG
    823.8 KB · Views: 1,477
  • Chain Hooks 2.JPG
    Chain Hooks 2.JPG
    833.4 KB · Views: 897
   / decision time Kubota BX 1860 or BX 2360? #30  
On my last tractor I had one in the middle and one on each corner.