decision time Kubota BX 1860 or BX 2360?

/ decision time Kubota BX 1860 or BX 2360?
check 6, I'm late the the discussion. Love my BX1860 but would equally love a BX2360, so congratulations on your decision. Look forward to your pic's. Here's a few pic's of my chain hooks in use to give you some ideas. Dealer welded one on each top corner of the bucket. They come in real handy for moving odd shaped objects that don't fit well in the bucket. Highly recommend them. Oh, and thank you for your service to our country!

Thanks for the pictures. I took one down to the dealer and they are going to weld a hook on each corner before they bring the tractor out today. I appreciate the idea Jack

/ decision time Kubota BX 1860 or BX 2360? #32  
Congratulations on your new self propelled wheel barrow. My manual wheel barrow is now a tool storage bin in the garage.

Since you are getting a box blade and have said you have some back issues, I would suggest you consider some type of quick change system for the 3 pt hitch. I use the Pats Easy Change system as sold on this site although I got a "economy" version made by the same company and sold through Northern Tool. They eliminate the need to loosen and tighten the turnbuckles on the lower control arm, elimate the wrestling with an implement to get it lined up, and work fine even if the tractor or implement is on uneven ground. You do still have to get off the tractor and hook up the top link. The adjustable spreader bar they sell with them to hold the lower arms apart does not actually work as well as a piece of 3/4" PVC cut to length though.

A recent application for the bucket I stumbled into was to carry a 15 gallon spot sprayer tank I puchased with the pump at TSC for under $100. I put it and trolling motor in my bucket and use it to spray Round Up type spray along the rock drive, fence line and rock filled ditch.

Enjoy your ride and don't pull the egress handle unless you are strapped in.

Could you post a picture of the way your sprayer is mounted. Thanks Jack

New Tractor question. When I moved the tractor from the dealers trailer to my garage I noticed a whine that seemed to be coming from the rear. Almost like a transmission whine. Rather noisy. I asked the gentleman that delivered the tractor and he had no answer but was going to ask the guys in thew shop today. For others with BX tractors do you hear such a whine. Mine has a FEL and a 5 ft box blade attached. I had the box blade elevated and RPM around 2000. Thanks

/ decision time Kubota BX 1860 or BX 2360? #35  
BX tracvtors are like little kids. They whine when they have to work but they will do the job asked of them

/ decision time Kubota BX 1860 or BX 2360? #36  
Regarding the sprayer, I did not attach it. I was planning on attaching it to the utility carrier frame I have for the 3 pt hitch. But then realized the 15 gallon size would just sit in by bucket. It has a little twelve volt pump on it so I could have ran the wires to the tractor battery, but decided to just set a trolling battery in there beside it. I like having it in the bucket actually because since I got it for Round-Up type spray, the bucket gives a secondary containment feature so if it leaks a little, it would do it into the bucket instead of the yard. I can spray while driving or pull up to an area and walk 15' either way, the length of the hose. These small spray units are available through Tractor Supply or similar farm stores. I have a larger one with a boom for other purposes but wanted a smaller one for the Round-up. Beats the back pack spray by a lot.

The whine is probably the HST whine. Mine does it most notably when going up a grade or getting up to speed. As I have a 3 speed, I notice it more in High range vs medium or low.

Think I will design a bracket for the top of the box blade to mount a sprayer on it. If I come up with something I will post pictures

/ decision time Kubota BX 1860 or BX 2360? #38  
The carry all attachment is cheap and can be easily adopted to a lot of functions. I use it to haul brush. That is what I was going to mount it on before deciding to set it in the bucket. There are threads about putting various platforms on there too including seats for the grandkids.

CountyLine Carry All - 2128210 | Tractor Supply Company

First use report. Moved some dirt this afternoon and am completely satisfied with the tractor. Did not use the box blade but did use the FEL to smooth the piles of dirt I moved and I'm impressed with my limited skill level of how easy it was to use the Fel as a blade. Expensive wheel burrow and shovel but what a difference on my back. It is a keeper.

/ decision time Kubota BX 1860 or BX 2360? #40  
First use report. Moved some dirt this afternoon and am completely satisfied with the tractor. Did not use the box blade but did use the FEL to smooth the piles of dirt I moved and I'm impressed with my limited skill level of how easy it was to use the Fel as a blade. Expensive wheel burrow and shovel but what a difference on my back. It is a keeper.

It just keeps getting better with time.:thumbsup: