Deere 750 clutch stuck

/ Deere 750 clutch stuck #11  
The list of things that are likely to go wrong are mind boggling.
Like I stated, be careful. I've done it more than one time (big oak tree and heavy chain) and I'm still here. Not much to go wrong except the sudden stop. If you chain to the drawbar and the chain breaks it's down low so not a big deal.

/ Deere 750 clutch stuck #13  
I'm 71 and mine HAVE NOT. In fact, I'm more careful now that I was 30 years ago.

What other things fo you lie about?
While you may he more careful than you were in your early 40’s, you also do not see as well, hear as well, react as quickly, snd mist likely do not have the strength you had!
You recommend and defend a dangerous at best (deadly at worse) practice to someone that is a newbie to tractors as a stuck clutch is not an uncommon occurrence (your words “I have done it several times-big oak tree”).
You know I have broken a few bones, doesn’t mean I am going to go out to deliberately do it again.

/ Deere 750 clutch stuck #14  
Chain it to a stout tree, put it in high gear and slack in the chain (heavy chain). Keep the clutch pedal depressed and when you get to the end of the chain, one of 2 things will occur, either the disc will break loose from the flywheel or the tractor will stall.
After giving this subject more thought I'm curious how you get a tractor engine running with trans in "high gear" that's has a stuck clutch while tractor is chained to a tree?

/ Deere 750 clutch stuck #15  
After giving this subject more thought I'm curious how you get a tractor engine running with trans in "high gear" that's has a stuck clutch while tractor is chained to a tree?
Slack in the chain enough to get it moving. If the unit has a stout front end bracket that takes suitcase weights you can run that into a tree and achieve the same result as well.

/ Deere 750 clutch stuck #16  
What other things fo you lie about?
While you may he more careful than you were in your early 40’s, you also do not see as well, hear as well, react as quickly, snd mist likely do not have the strength you had!
You recommend and defend a dangerous at best (deadly at worse) practice to someone that is a newbie to tractors as a stuck clutch is not an uncommon occurrence (your words “I have done it several times-big oak tree”).
You know I have broken a few bones, doesn’t mean I am going to go out to deliberately do it again.
The alternative is then split the unit, pry the plate off the flywheel and reassemble. Your choice. I know what mine was..

Not an issue since 2002 when I got my first hydraulic shuttle Kubota and then in 2004 when I bought another.

Not a lie, actually did it but don't have to now.

Did it to a Massey with a Perkins Diesel and an International M gasser, neither of which I have on the farm presently. Long gone and not needed or required.

Stuck to the flywheel clutch discs are 100% owner error. Moisture in the bell housing = stuck plate.

/ Deere 750 clutch stuck #17  
Is there some what of an inspection hole in the flywheel housing? Can you pull the starter and access the clutch disc? Could you drill a small hole into the housing at the appropriate spot and use some kind of a wedge to loosen the disc?

I had to remove the clutch on a 750 MF combine that was stuck due to water. There was no rust but it was like someone had deliberately glued the disc to the flywheel. No amount of trying to pop that clutch would have freed it up. It took several solid whacks to a screw driver to get enough of a wedge under the disc to loosen it. I should have used something sharper than a screw driver but I didn't think it would be glued on so thoroughly.

/ Deere 750 clutch stuck #18  
Slack in the chain enough to get it moving. If the unit has a stout front end bracket that takes suitcase weights you can run that into a tree and achieve the same result as well.
HOW DO YOU GET ENGINE RUNNING BY attempting to start engine with trans in """HIGH GEAR""" while tractor is chained to a tree. I've not ever seen a 12 volt starter that is powerful enough to move tractor while trans in anything but a lower gear but certainly not high gear. I think running a tractor into a tree would bruise my old body so I'll pass on that also!

/ Deere 750 clutch stuck #19  
The alternative is then split the unit, pry the plate off the flywheel and reassemble. Your choice. I know what mine was..

Not an issue since 2002 when I got my first hydraulic shuttle Kubota and then in 2004 when I bought another.

Not a lie, actually did it but don't have to now.

Did it to a Massey with a Perkins Diesel and an International M gasser, neither of which I have on the farm presently. Long gone and not needed or required.

Stuck to the flywheel clutch discs are 100% owner error. Moisture in the bell housing = stuck plate.

No that is a last resort! There are lots of options much safer options to load up the drive train than jerking to a stop attached to a near unmovable object!
Every workable component on a tractor gets its power to work through that drive line!
So you proved my point by saying the only option is to do it your way or split tractor—LIES!
You deny that the PTO power comes through the flywheel and clutch! More Lies.
I never said you didn’t do it! I said it was unsafe! I still say it is a highly risky process, especially when you skip many much safer options!

/ Deere 750 clutch stuck #20  
Whatever blows your dress up. Really don't care, just relaying how I did it twice. Not an issue anymore as I said. I have no dry clutches. All wet, multi plate.