Diabetes

/ Diabetes #381  
That's fantastic - ArlyA. My last series of tests - a1c was 6.7. I eat simple - mainly because I'm the cook. I operate under the principles - eat to live, not live to eat.
Thanks Rolf. I hope everyone can keep there a1c on the low side. It is simple by eating fruits, vegetables and grains, with some meats mixed in if you like. Its all about moderation and not some magical diet of freezing ones food. Then moving around some to get that heart up.

/ Diabetes
I want the magic pill
and the Fountain Of Youth

meanwhile am happy local orchard just picked their first apples of year, and I have an apple
every night for desert. Three reasons.
One they are sweet and taste good like a dessert should.
Two they are good for me
Three eating an apple means I'm not eating a higher calorie alternative, like ice cream

yes, fessing up, some nights it's both ice cream and an apple.
but mostly apples.
I live between two apple orchards. I'm in heaven.
Grew up with an orchard on our farm, and planted a fruit orchard on my farm in NC.
so I'm really an apple a day guy.

it's the apple pies I have to avoid.
Or learn how to make my own without adding sugar.

/ Diabetes #383  
I see we are still stuck on the frozen bread article. Hope you all can get past that :unsure:

/ Diabetes #384  
I see we are still stuck on the frozen bread article. Hope you all can get past that :unsure:
Not to knock just the frozen vegetables, but all the ideas the pop up and gone a year later which don't really help. I try to keep people on the baiscs of type one and II care.

/ Diabetes #387  
I installed a G7 tonight.
Going from the G6 to the G7?

Son still on G6 and I don't hear of any changes. Very interested in hearing of the differences and likes and dislikes between the 2.

/ Diabetes #390  
Going from the G6 to the G7?

Son still on G6 and I don't hear of any changes. Very interested in hearing of the differences and likes and dislikes between the 2.
Yes, switching from 6 to 7. There isn't much difference but the major one is the 2 hour warm up went to 20 minutes with the 7, give or take. They have a battery internally now and the sensor unit is smaller. I tore them off when working so smaller is better.
1696509503635.png