Diesel Gelling

/ Diesel Gelling #11  
There must be a lot of different products this company makes and puts in white jugs. This Power Service is marked Diesel Fuel Supplement and we picked it up at TSC. Part no. 1041

/ Diesel Gelling
Opps!

Move my feet loose my post!

Had to pop Wyatt's Nuk back in.

Sorry.

/ Diesel Gelling #14  
Well here a rip. Just went over the the Power Service web site and they don't even list the product on their site that TSC sold us. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

We bought this jug in November and added it to our 275 gallon tank before the diesel fill so how old could it have been? /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ Diesel Gelling
If you scroll down on the Diesel Fuel Supplement +Cetane Boost page it shows part no. 1041 which is 96 oz to treat 300 gallons.

/ Diesel Gelling #16  
Derek you're right I do see it at the bottom of the page. We purchased this stuff to prevent winter gelling and it looks to me like this isn't the correct chemical to do the job.

/ Diesel Gelling
Maybe its an older bottle (over stock at TSC) and the current stuff has better formulation??

Just a thought.

/ Diesel Gelling #18  
<font color="red">
Bob that still does not change what is printed on the back of the Power Service jug. It looks to me like the PS folks don't believe in their own product for cold weather use.
</font>

Yea but you were posting that while I was posting my reply to your other post/question. I personally don't use PowerService, can't say I have anything against it, but I use Arctic Express in my tractor. That said, in my fleet this year we are trying PowerService in the trucks.

Personally, I don't think any of the guarantees are worth much, they are all conditional, but it is odd that PowerService would recommend Arctic Express. I generally don't use a "conditioner" because I don't think they are needed. I do use anti-gels. I have nothing against PowerService, I suspect it probably works as good as any other brand, well maybe almost as good as Acrtic Express?

/ Diesel Gelling #20  
Assuming Power Service in the "white" container does work and the "dosage" on the bottle is not sufficient;
How many ounces should you add per gallon to be protected ?
GrayBeard