Backhoe Digging out some stumps

/ Digging out some stumps #1  

amarsh64

Silver Member
Tractor
LS G3033H TLB Husqvarna YTH1942
I dug out 12 or so stumps today while clearing land for a new building.
Mostly small poplar and spruce but a couple of fair sized maple stumps.
Maple (hardest) always takes a while to get loose.

20200926_113833.jpg20200926_135334.jpg20200926_140804.jpg20200926_140737.jpg

20200926_135411.jpg20200926_135947.jpg

/ Digging out some stumps #2  
Nice work digging stumps is always fun....

/ Digging out some stumps #3  
I've been digging out stumps on my land for two years now. Seems like I'll never run out. It's a lot of work!

/ Digging out some stumps #4  
Now that's having to much fun. ;)

/ Digging out some stumps #5  
Very nice tractor . Cool pic's of gettin some work done .
Question ? You been thinking about gettin a "thumb" ?

/ Digging out some stumps
Very nice tractor . Cool pic's of gettin some work done .
Question ? You been thinking about gettin a "thumb" ?

I would love to get a titan bolt on but as far as I can see it is only available in the US. There doesn't seem to be a whole lot available up here that i like.
One of these days I will price up the duty,exchange and shipping. Then I will cry and order it :) Right now I have to worry the big stumps that are to heavy for the loader with the backhoe 3-4 feet at a time until I can get the tractor behind it and push. The good thing is that my blue diamond 66 inch light duty grapple will be here Wednesday or thursday . That should make the land clearing much,much easier :D

root-grapple-light-duty-blue-diamond.jpg

/ Digging out some stumps #7  
Aren't you going to bring in equipment to dig footings and so forth? An excavator can do in a minute what it takes a small backhoe a long time. I own enough equipment, but never do what is better left for larger equipment.

/ Digging out some stumps
Aren't you going to bring in equipment to dig footings and so forth? An excavator can do in a minute what it takes a small backhoe a long time. I own enough equipment, but never do what is better left for larger equipment.

The whole idea for us is to dig in and do as much as we can ourselves. The bigger machines make short work of it for sure but we are having a great time with this.
If it gets to be too much I have a couple of guys with excavators / dozers that I can call to help things along.
We are not in any kind of hurry , just enjoying the experience .

/ Digging out some stumps #9  

Do those of you in cold climates have to dig a footer 4-5 feet deep and pour the whole thing to the top while being careful to not make it a V so the frost can’t lift it? And what kind of a nightmare is septic and water lines? Locally the frost line is only a few inches deep. 16” deep is plenty for a footer, water lines are good enough at 12” although I try to do better, the top of the septic tank can be barley covered and the fill lines are only about 12” deep, less in places.

/ Digging out some stumps #10  
The whole idea for us is to dig in and do as much as we can ourselves. The bigger machines make short work of it for sure but we are having a great time with this.
If it gets to be too much I have a couple of guys with excavators / dozers that I can call to help things along.
We are not in any kind of hurry , just enjoying the experience .

:thumbsup: Sounds like the way I think.

gg